The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so ive seen the pic of the new elise exhaust....id like to know if straight through exhaust would be good.....I know with most cars its good but with some u get less power.......so id like to know what u think......

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
According to the Lotus engineers at the show, the exhaust design they have meeting the emissions and noise level gives optimum performance. Now will a track only be different, certainly lighter, louder. I suspect one of the first bits Lotus comes up with.

I'll wait and let Lotus engineering design a sport exhaust instead of going to some guys garage who makes something he thinks will work better.

Chris

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
zvezdah1 said:
According to the Lotus engineers at the show, the exhaust design they have meeting the emissions and noise level gives optimum performance. Now will a track only be different, certainly lighter, louder. I suspect one of the first bits Lotus comes up with.

I'll wait and let Lotus engineering design a sport exhaust instead of going to some guys garage who makes something he thinks will work better.

Chris
im not talking about something like an exhaust....if u saw the pic of the exhaust, what I mean is like the exhaust would be around 6inch long.....fully straight....instead of doing that huge S and having that weighty cat................ill probably try it just for kicks when it arrives....it wont cost a lot to do for sure, and if I dont like it ill just put the stock exhaust back...nyways I just wanted u guys opinion...

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Montreal,
So is the Elise going to be sold in Canada, the Toronto? article certainly made it sound like it. I had thought Canada wouldn't grant exemptions?

Chris

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
zvezdah1 said:
Montreal,
So is the Elise going to be sold in Canada, the Toronto? article certainly made it sound like it. I had thought Canada wouldn't grant exemptions?

Chris
I ordered from john scotti here in Montreal, price is set at 50k canadian and everything is fine now....if something happens or prices are higher we get paid back....

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
That's great to hear, I'm sure more than a few of our Northern neighbors will be interested in this car!
Chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts