The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had a bolt head shear on a bracket that held the 2 hard lines going into the Expansion Valve releasing the entire contents of my cooling system, I am hoping this will be a simple fix but a strange one indeed and just wanted to give you guys a heads up! In the diagram the "Screw" is labeled number 34 and is an M6 X 16 cap head and the other 2 circled parts number 31 and 28 are the O-rings that are nowhere to be found! The second pic is of the bracket that holds down the hard lines in the expansion valve and the failed screw sits on the other side of this hard line.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Michael, You are correct and this failure is identical to mine! I am really hoping this is a simple fix with new o-rings and a new Screw, If you know of a torque value it would be much appreciated. Nick

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think you'll find that the O-rings are still on the ends of the tubes. There is a flange about 1/4 in. from the end of each tube. The O-ring should be on the tube under the flange. Feel around for it. It is nearly impossible to lose the O-rings with this configuration.

Bill In Cincinnati

1 - 4 of 4 Posts