The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having had my '05 Elise 11 years, this is a new event for me. Upon startup, after Winter storage, with the car running, I bumped the horn button getting back in. A strange "ringing bell" like sound, and high frequency sound started up, and continued thru the drive back to my house. Once in the garage, with car shut off, the sound continued, coming from the front clam, under the rad. I pulled the battery ground, without killing the sound. Next, pulled both fnt. clam vent covers and the grill, to see if I could find whats going on. It seems to be coming from the driver's side, behind that front crash structure. After about 40 min. it finally stopped. Any help will be appreciated. I have a video, that I can't get to upload here, but hope someone can help! Thanks!

·
Registered
281 Posts
That is your alarm. It's located under front panel drivers side opposite from horn. Sounds like you set your alarm off somehow or have cdl issue. Maybe change your fob battery and resync?

·
Premium Member
11,583 Posts
Or, one of the door/trunk/etc sensors (including the panels below the windshield) need adjustment. Just push down each in a logical order and you'll find the culprit.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help. I have deleted the immobilizer about 10 years ago by jumping the wires back behind the drivers seat,so my car is Fobless, but this must be a secondary issue. I will check the sensors as mentioned. Once the battery is hooked up, I assume the alarm will be re-charged and willing for another episode?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts