The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past month and a half or so, have been encountering a recurring CEL. It appears randomly (not obviously related to any noticeable car performance issue). It is not self-correcting (will not go away on its own). My code reader indicates the presence of a single Diagnostic Trouble Code, but when I scroll down to obtain the specific code, the display I get reads N/A! I assume that this means not available and that it may represent a parameter of interest to Lotus, but not related to emissions. I can clear it, but it returns after several hundred miles of driving.

If it's important enough to throw a CEL, I obviously would like to know what is the problem. I did install the Larini sports cat and exhaust, but would think that a specific code would be generated if the oxygen sensors were out of spec. Any suggestions? Other than the CEL, the car is performing well in every respect.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the obvious question is, "what is the code?"
Sorry if my message was unclear. Instead of an expected code, I only get "N/A". I note that previously, my code reader did return real codes.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I Defer to the Expert

sounds like you should try a different obd ii code reader.
CharlieX, thanks for your response. You have confirmed a conclusion I believe that I was eventually moving towards. Any recs on specific models which would not break the bank?

·
Long-term Lotus Fanatic
983 Posts
CharlieX, thanks for your response. You have confirmed a conclusion I believe that I was eventually moving towards. Any recs on specific models which would not break the bank?
I'm a cheap a**, thought about buying one, but I've been going to the local parts place chain, Murray's here in Chicago, and using theirs.

There are a couple close to the house, and one has a great one while, the other store's sucked. So I just kept going back to the one with the good meter. At least until the problem was solved...

Sorry I don't remember the brand - but it was kind of T shaped, and yellow... ;)

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
If your car's normally aspirated, that would explain it. :p Nah, you probably need a different reader. I'd check out a local auto parts store to see what code you get before buying another one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts