The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took deliver of a 2011 Evora (8K miles on it). I didn't notice this when I test drove it, but after bringing it home and driving it for a bit tonight, I'm noticing what I'd consider a strange noise when accelerating.

It seems more noticeable in lower gears and almost sounds like something is caught under the car and being dragged along. As I accelerate it seems to fade away, but will be noticeable again when I shift to the next gear. I don't think I got as far as 6th gear tonight, but I could hear it all the way through 5th gear. And if I took my foot off the gas, coasted and hit the gas, I'd hear it again.

Any ideas? I don't remember hearing this when I test drove it. Thoughts, insights and assistance are much appreciated!

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
The tranny comes from a diesel truck, and it tends to be a bit noisy in low greas and at low rpm. but that noise disappears quickly as revs build. After 4 years, ~18K miles and a change in tranny oil, that noise has not changed on my car. Your noise may be different, though.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Joel - your description sounds like that could be it. I'll keep an close ear to it and was thinking of changing the transmission (and brake) fluid, just to start fresh...which I might still do, even if it won't necessarily fix this "issue". Thanks!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Small buzzing sound? It is somewhat normal and isn't an issue; I believe it is the throwout bearing.

Fluid change has been a big improvement for a lot of folks.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! Thinking I'll change the various fluids before too long.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts