The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’ve had my 2014 Evora S for a month now and ran into an unfamiliar situation (newbie to the Lotus brand), the first time, I was merging into traffic and all of the sudden the traction control light came on and the car wouldn’t pick up any speed, almost like limp mode or something... pulled over to the side of the road and first tried pushing the traction control button and that didn’t do anything. Turned the car off, started again and voila everything was fine. The second time was yesterday and a similar situation but this time I turned the car off and on three times and nothing... pulled over again, turned it off, got out of the vehicle and gave it about 30 seconds, started again and the light disappeared, everything working normal... anyone with a similar experience that can shed some light on the situation? I spend a good amount of time looking in the forum, lots of great info on the sometimes quirky IPS but nothing quite similar to this occurrence, any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
450 Posts
Also, I believe it takes ~30 min. for all software programs to shut down, reset in order etc after turning off. Perhaps this is why it took longer the second time for the fault to "self" correct, although it will probably not be lasting.......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts