The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
2013 Evora S since 11/13
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had both of my headlight assemblies replaced in April. In the past 2 weeks, the right front turn signal has been acting strange. The first time was after I washed the car. After, I went for a drive and I got the "quick blinking" from the indicator light. The turn signal wasn't working. A few hours later, I drove home and everything was fine.
Twice this past week, I left home with the signal working correctly and the car sat in the sun for 4-6 hours. When I went to come home, again the turn signal was out. When I get home and let the car sit for a short time, back to working again. In fact, after I tried it when I got home it was intermittent (would "blink", then not for a while, then again....).

Of course this seems like a electrical connection, but sitting in the sun/heat? How much pain is it to check the connection myself (remove wheel, liner and other?). I try to specialize in the strange problems. Thanks

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Fast flashing is the "bulb(s) out" signal. Sounds like water ingress to me.

·
2013 Evora S since 11/13
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, I was wondering if there was any magic to fixing this. Is it something with the connections or the assembly itself which would need to be replaced (again, lens flaking) or maybe the connector which I guess I can remove the tire and liner and see if the problem is there.:facepalm

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Good luck. Awkward but accessable. Remove the wheel rather than fight around it. If it persists submit for warranty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts