The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, just curious if anyone has a clue what this sound could be. It just started occurring after the key is switched to the run position. From what I can tell, it only happens while the car is cold and lasts about 6 seconds. I feel like I might be going crazy since it sometimes sounds like fluid movement as well. The sound appears to be emanating from under the dash :scratchhead:

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Mine makes a sound for about the same length of time but it does not sound so loud. I always thought it was a fuel pump pressurizing the system. Maybe your pump is getting louder and you are just noticing it? I use the sound to tell me when to push the start button, following system pressurization. Does anyone else have that impression of how it works? I will listen to my second car tonight to see if it does it too.

Comment on video: Did your car die and it is seeing the bright light and going towards it?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine makes a sound for about the same length of time but it does not sound so loud. I always thought it was a fuel pump pressurizing the system. Maybe your pump is getting louder and you are just noticing it? I use the sound to tell me when to push the start button, following system pressurization. Does anyone else have that impression of how it works? I will listen to my second car tonight to see if it does it too.

Comment on video: Did your car die and it is seeing the bright light and going towards it?
I thought the fuel pump was located behind the seats, and I'm pretty sure the noise is coming from the front of the car. With the way sound echos around the aluminum tub, anything is possible though.

As far as the filmography, I figured that a soothing light would be more pleasant than a shot of me staring at the car with a concerned face.

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Yes, fuel pump is behind the seats. Based on the clip, it does sound like in front but I guess it's possible to echo up front. I don't recall mine making that sound. But I do switch the car on fairly quickly. When I get home later, I'll double check and let you know.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, fuel pump is behind the seats. Based on the clip, it does sound like in front but I guess it's possible to echo up front. I don't recall mine making that sound. But I do switch the car on fairly quickly. When I get home later, I'll double check and let you know.
Much appreciated.

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
I thought the fuel pump was located behind the seats, and I'm pretty sure the noise is coming from the front of the car. With the way sound echos around the aluminum tub, anything is possible though.

As far as the filmography, I figured that a soothing light would be more pleasant than a shot of me staring at the car with a concerned face.
Fuel pump prime is only for 3 seconds. 6 seconds would be something else.

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
@TachItUp So just finished checking and definitely don’t have that sound. Not even a little bit. Not sure what that is. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: TachItUp
1 - 9 of 9 Posts