The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my dad just sent me this email regarding an incident in his Volvo while traveling recently. I don't have an answer and can't readily find one online. I figure someone in this group may know and since I'm not a member on any Volvo forums yet, this was the easiest place to post :)

"While driving back home from Fort Story yesterday and towing the camper heading West on I-64, just past Fort Eustis, I suddenly heard a loud beeping sound going off in my car. My first reaction was "What in the world is going wrong with my car?" I checked all my instruments and warning message indicators and nothing seemed amiss. I then noticed that my radio (which had been turned off) had a message on it that said, "Alert! *94.1" I was puzzled but turned the radio on and tuned to FM 94.1. Sure enough it was the same annoying message that I've gotten on my home and cell phone saying that my cars warranty had expired and that I had three hours to call a certain phone number to have it extended.

I continued to listen to the station and it went on to sound like a normal radio station but the signal grew weak quickly and I lost it.

...This is really scary. What if I had been in heavy traffic?"

Thanks for any insights on this matter!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
So I take it this is a newer model Volvo? I have heard of other manufacturer's doing this as well.

They could try it in the Lotus except I wouldn't be able to hear the radio or my cell phone over the Stage II exhaust. :D

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, newer model. I just don't know how/why they would do this. Are they using local emergency/traffic signals or is it perhaps part of a voice announcing system. Why would it tell someone to tune the radio to a specific station. If it wasn't my dad I'd doubt that it ever really happened.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts