The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was going to wash the Elise and noticed there wasn't any security light blinking. Uh oh. Sure enough, battery was completely dead. Ok, fine. Get one of my other cars, jumper it to the Elise. It took about 20 minutes before there was enough juice to start it. On top of that, the battery was uber hot -- easily 110+ degrees F. Then, I noticed the radiator fans were on full blast and the engine water temp hadn't even reached 185 degrees yet.

So my question is: WTF is going on??! Is this a short in the fan system? Any other guesses/suggestions? It had only been 5 days since I last drove it. The battery is less than a year old (Odyssey 680).

I'm supposed to go on the group drive tomorrow morning but I'm not sure I should now. :mad: :sad: :panic:

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
Did you have the AC on?
Michael
Was going to wash the Elise and noticed there wasn't any security light blinking. Uh oh. Sure enough, battery was completely dead. Ok, fine. Get one of my other cars, jumper it to the Elise. It took about 20 minutes before there was enough juice to start it. On top of that, the battery was uber hot -- easily 110+ degrees F. Then, I noticed the radiator fans were on full blast and the engine water temp hadn't even reached 185 degrees yet.

So my question is: WTF is going on??! Is this a short in the fan system? Any other guesses/suggestions?

I'm supposed to go on the group drive tomorrow morning but I'm not sure I should now. :mad: :sad: :panic:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.