The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I'd appreciate any insights to this difficult to describe problem. I have an '05 Elise with the Touring Package with about 8,000 miles.

I've recently noticed a strange feedback coming through the steering wheel. When at speed (neither accelerating or braking) on smooth roads, I can feel in the steering wheel what feels like some sort of metallic "snapping" as if something was loose. There's no dramatic movement in the car and the steering wheel itself isn't moving in reaction, it just feels as if something in the suspension is rubbing or hitting something and you can feel it "popping" in the steering wheel.

When braking with the clutch engaged, I can feel it (and even faintly hear it) in the clutch pedal (when against the floorboard). It decreases in frequency in proportion to decreases in the car's speed.

I realize this is a vague description but any ideas and feedback would be appreciated very much.

Thanks,
e-man

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
It decreases in frequency in proportion to decreases in the car's speed.
Can you jack the car up and spin the wheels? Specially the fronts.

·
Banned
874 Posts
i had the same problem with my '04 nissan armada and the problem was the rotor. had my pads also changed just in case(under warranty:D)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts