1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
mikester said:
Post the websites that make you say "why?"

Here's one that I like:

http://www.airlinemeals.net/
i know plenty of people who fly a hell of a lot and always complain about the quality of food and the lack of it. I think they would find this site interesting. Even cooks/chefs might find this interesting.

It is strange to us because it is in no way related to the Elise. If it were - "Meals on Wheels.com" and had a cover story on how to eat a gourmet 3-course dinner in your Elise, then some of us may be tempted to check it out even though it doesn't make any sense :D

now the second site, that is disgusting. No warnings for the pics at the middle of the page...WTF man. damn...how the f*ck did that guy end up dismembered like that. : puke :

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Re: Re: strangest website ?

shay2nak said:
now the second site, that is disgusting. No warnings for the pics at the middle of the page...WTF man. damn...how the f*ck did that guy end up dismembered like that. : puke :
Not to mention the image makes no sense whatsoever.

It shows dismembered premature babies with things like "Bush kills to stop this" above them, then flashes to a picture of osama bin laden for some unknown reason, and when you click on it, it pops up a window with an image that says "DOMESTIC TERRORISM!".

It seems those people go to a church where they replaced the wine with something else.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Please, let's not link to gross sites. There are enough out there. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Baghdad Randy said:
Please, let's not link to gross sites. There are enough out there. Thanks.
It's not really a "gross" site visually (well, it's horribly designed and the content is idiotic, but it's just basically that one picture that's nasty).

If I had linked to the former goatse.cx or something of that nature, your concern would be understandable.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Re: strangest website ?

shay2nak said:
i know plenty of people who fly a hell of a lot and always complain about the quality of food and the lack of it. I think they would find this site interesting. Even cooks/chefs might find this interesting.

It is strange to us because it is in no way related to the Elise. If it were - "Meals on Wheels.com" and had a cover story on how to eat a gourmet 3-course dinner in your Elise, then some of us may be tempted to check it out even though it doesn't make any sense :D

Actually I do find the site interesting, because I've always loved flying and everything related to it. As a little kid I used to think that the airline meals were something very special (not necessarily good, but special) because they were made to be used on board these amazing machines. Plus I'm really into food, cooking, restaurants etc.

I'm just surprised that somebody created an entire website around in-flight meals and everything that goes with it. Oh, and especially surprised that people take photos of their in-flight meals ? Now even I wouldn't go that far....:p

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
MikeAR303 said:
It's not really a "gross" site visually (well, it's horribly designed and the content is idiotic, but it's just basically that one picture that's nasty).

If I had linked to the former goatse.cx or something of that nature, your concern would be understandable.
Thanks for not mentioning the one site I fear. :)

My post was a preventative salvo, not just a reference to the site you linked. I could the possibility of this spiraling into sites I would rather not be linked from this forum.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Re: Re: Re: strangest website ?

MikeAR303 said:
Not to mention the image makes no sense whatsoever.

It shows dismembered premature babies with things like "Bush kills to stop this" above them, then flashes to a picture of osama bin laden for some unknown reason, and when you click on it, it pops up a window with an image that says "DOMESTIC TERRORISM!".
Actually I think it makes perfect sense of you look at their message. Its an anti abortion site. Those pictures are of partial birth abortions. I think they're trying to show that the results of terrorism and the results of partial birth abortion are both pretty grotesque. Now what osama has to do with abortion I dont know...Iguess they're just trying to make the correlation that both things are pretty unpleasant.

I have my own beliefs on abortion. I think its often used as birth control for dumbasses and thats wrong..but I shant be pushing my views on anyone else and certainly dont think that website makes any sense.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
that turtle site is hilarious. Poor turtles have no idea what the F is going on. The Matrix movie clip was very funny, though there's a bunch of different stuff in that clip...odd.

Lots of stuff on this site. Very nicely done and it's obvious they've spend a lot of time on it.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
From the Turtle site:

COOKIES AND APPLETS

Your use of this site constitutes your authorization for TRAILBLAZER to place cookies and/or applets on your computer. Our use of data gathered by these means shall be governed by the Privacy Policy of TRAILBLAZER...

:no: :no: Can you say Spyware? I know you could...

Tim Mullen

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
TimMullen said:
From the Turtle site:

COOKIES AND APPLETS

Your use of this site constitutes your authorization for TRAILBLAZER to place cookies and/or applets on your computer. Our use of data gathered by these means shall be governed by the Privacy Policy of TRAILBLAZER...

:no: :no: Can you say Spyware? I know you could...

Tim Mullen
http://security.kolla.de

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
MikeAR303 said:
Yep. I use it. There are several others. They all catch most of the spyware, but nothing seems to catch it all. You really need to use several...

Tim Mullen

1 - 20 of 45 Posts