The Lotus Cars Community banner

41 - 60 of 115 Posts

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
So the rear license plate lights are normally traditional festoon bulbs, I changed them to LED's but the light output was too blue, and appeared a little too ricey for me. so I ordered up some new led's from Elise-shop. they're very well made, made in Germany and put out a nice white light, not yellow, not blue just clean white.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
some shots of the rear led license plate lights, also as a note the OEM light fixtures have an additional plate that angles the light toward the plate, the Elise Shop lights have a base that are a touch wider so that plate won't fit, I don't feel it's necessary because the Elise shop lights like the stock lights are already angled a bit. also in leaving the plate off they are a bit lower profile so don't hang down into the plate area as much whereasI think the stock lights were bulky. I feel like these give a pretty accurate representation of the light color. also paint filled the shift logo, cleaned with alcohol and tooth pics. paint filled and let dry then wipe with mineral spirits. I used testers model paint

Attachments

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Went for a drive last week in the evening and realized the HVAC illumination was out, I tried everything, dimmer switch, unplugged the battery. anyways I just ordered a new HVAC panel and the stock grey plastic surround looks really out of place so went ahead and ordered a glossy carbon fiber one from @GregsRaceParts. new panel should be here tomorrow from @GatorMS_Sales. I'm hoping this solves the problem. Greg's part also has the 4 screw holes to mount the panel. I've seen some other surround where there are only 2.

Attachments

·
Vendor
3,092 Posts
Such a beautiful car! I am often jealous of folks that make these cars so nice. With all our projects, move, trying to build a shop, keeping race cars going, keeping everything beautiful falls behind. Someday I look forward to doing this on our cars.

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
@fzust @shinoo @GregsRaceParts @GatorMS_Sales I want to say thank you to you guys, for answering my endless emails and always following up and always making me feel like your most important customer. So I'm way down the rabbit hole on this car. I bought the car turn key and it really was in excellent condition when I bought it and I told myself I was just going to refresh it a little and stay completely stock. well that lasted all of a few days. I've gotten a long ways in a short time and I'm still not close to getting it how I want it. but closer today than yesterday. I got the new hvac panel installed with the carbon surround and that solved the illumination problem. it still isn't super bright but it's on. I think all these cars have weak backlighting on the hvac. I refitted my old knobs they were tight but they fit. I've got a package coming tomorrow from the Netherlands so stay tuned(think larger adjustable carbon wing) and also some small bespoke items from the UK so I'll post some pictures as they come in. I'm hoping to get the steering wheel out next week to get it recovered( yellow center stripe, black Alcantara and silver stitching). I'll do the matching shift boot and ebrake boot too and I need to take the seats out to get the rear speakers in so I plan on doing the shift boot and ebrake, rear speakers, Stan's shifter mod, and Inokinetic re-enforcer all done at the same time. still waiting on stock for a plate delete carbon lip from @shinoo and some new billet mirrors from @GregsRaceParts. so once the mirrors, lip and spoiler go on, the only thing left are some some side skirts eventually. I'm thinking @HKFEVER. By the end of the fall I hope to have the exterior done and I may just order up the 2 pot calipers and brackets in the rear and be done with the brakes. suspension is done and by done I have all the parts, penskes, front sway, toe links, steering arms, just need to find time to get it all on. eventually I'll redo the wishbone bushings, when the time comes I may just replace them and do new uprights and wheel bearings all at the same time.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #46 (Edited)
UPS showed up today with a big box from the Netherlands. Elise-Shop carbon fiber adjustable wing. showed up in perfect condition and it looks great. thanks @YvoTuk. great customer service and fast email responses . a couple pre install pics too. Stock wing came off with 4x 3mm Allen bolts. then carefully slide the supports and wing out. once I got it out it seems there's water sloshing around inside it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #47 (Edited)
Install went really smooth. everything lined up perfectly and new hardware was included. fit and finish really are spot on here, no issues, no "adjusting.” fits just like OEM.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Enjoying following your build! Sorry you won't be able to make to Get Your Lotus Out day at Katie's on Sunday, and I look forward to us meeting up at some point. When you install the suspension - let me know who you decide to use to get the car aligned and corner balanced. If you want any suggestions from me, just send me an email later.

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #50 (Edited)
So back from San Diego late last night and took today off just to recover. Installed some Smoked Dynamic Side repeaters and some titanium front brake shims. When I did the brakes a few weeks back I noticed either the previous owner didn't reuse the shims or lotus just didn't use any. either way I just installed some Ti front shims. figure the rear sliders are gonna get replaced sometime soon and the front see the majority of the heat. didn't take any pictures since, it's just a ti sheet that's cut. but here's a few pics of the side repeaters.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
sending the wheel out today, but a little preview, black Alcantara, yellow center strip, silver stitching. once the wheel gets back I'll take the seats out, and the console and install the matching eBrake and shift boot. along with the inokinetic re-enforcer and Stan's mod, finally I'll get the 6" JL c2 600x speakers in while the interior is out. I really want to do the door panels in Alcantara with a diamond stitched center portion. but we'll see if I get around to it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #53

·
Premium Member
419 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Enjoying following your build! Sorry you won't be able to make to Get Your Lotus Out day at Katie's on Sunday, and I look forward to us meeting up at some point. When you install the suspension - let me know who you decide to use to get the car aligned and corner balanced. If you want any suggestions from me, just send me an email later.
Oh wow, you are both local! I was at GYLO with the ridiculous looking black exige. I saw your S240, but I didn't get a chance to chat!

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Had some custom vinyl made up and some plaques as well from a friend of mine. everything turned out really really nice. the LOTUS letters will go on the spoiler and then had some custom end plate decals for my carbon Elise-shop spoiler. if anyone else has the spoiler we got the vinyl cut perfectly and have the template now. I made 2 different plaques one with 119 of 164 and the other with the last 4 of the chassis number. I'll get everything installed and take some more pictures.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #58 (Edited)
I had 4 plaques made, 2 with the chassis no and 2 with 119 of 164, decided to go with the latter. if I change my mind I got extras:) here's the rear lotus letters installed. very happy with the way they turned out and I got them exactly where I want them on the wing. letters are matte silver. the contrast in texture and depth on the carbon wing looks amazing! now just have to decide between the gloss red white and blue Union Jack or the silver and black matte? any opinions?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
decided on the matte silver and black Union Jack. some pictures here. @PreciousMetal, I sent you a PM. all the vinyl, decals, and plaques above are from Dan at divinehandcraft, the windshield banner is OEM. he's in the UK but he's great to work with super responsive and pretty much gets things done within a few hours or overnight. couldn't be happier

Attachments

41 - 60 of 115 Posts