The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have checked most of the threads pertaining to shock and springs and most are geared more toward racing. What advice do you guys have for an inexpensive daily street driver? I am not looking to break the bank, say under $1000. Something that will provide a smooth, (as smooth as can be expected) ride on a daily basis. My 2005 elise has about 18000 miles on it and sounds like the rr shock dampner is not working properly and I get a slight bang noise from what sounds like the rr on some rough roads. The suspension seems tight.
Somebody on the group has a slightly used set of original shocks for $275. Should I just replace with OEM?

Brian

·
Premium Member
6,988 Posts
Absolutely, there are plenty of base suspension parts around out there for song. Lotus quality and fitment at major discount!

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Depends...

Does your car have the LSS (Lotus Sport Suspension) aka the Sport Pack?

If you don't have it, moving up to those shocks would probably improve the ride. If you do have it, its hard to improve on that, for the street anyway...

·
Registered
223 Posts
You have a PM...

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This car does not have the sport pack and thanks to Dom for the link to the S111 Shock comparison I think I'll go with the base shock. They rate it best for street use.

Thanks for the advice,
Brian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts