The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all. Just about to get my '06 Chili Red Elise. The car has the sport pak and black Exige wheels/ Advan rubber. I may be driving the car from SLC to NJ, and I will be using the car for a good number of track days. My thought is to keep the current wheels and tires for track duty, and pick up a set of street wheels and all- season-ish, reasonably priced tires for NJ road abuse and lite commuting. I have an Infiniti M35 Sport with 19's and now have a bit of an aversion to $1300 worth of tires annually for daily driving in a state that inhibits spirited motoring. Rather fund the track rubber and subsidize with reasonable road gear.

Lots of threads here, and I am doing the searches, but I ask anyone out there with experience in this particular matter, for this particular car, to weigh in with thoughts and solutions. Many thanks!

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
Rota slipstreams, do a search for the group buy (though I'd rather see you get Lotus wheels) + Goodyear Eagle F1-GSD3, or Yokohama S-Drive

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rota slipstreams, do a search for the group buy (though I'd rather see you get Lotus wheels) + Goodyear Eagle F1-GSD3, or Yokohama S-Drive
Thanks, will do. Will also look for Lotus take-offs.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Reviewing options from Tire Rack et al, for the base wheels, and coming up short on reasonable street tire availabilities in the correct sizes: 175/55-16 / 225/45-17. Sorry for the newbie- ish questions, but what alternatives are there in terms of size/ mfr, particularly the fronts? I'm scrambling a bit as I'm on the verge of committing to set of base Lotus wheels, and may be doing a 2000 mile road trip! I am keeping the LSS/ Exige wheels and rubber for track duty. Appreciate the help here...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts