The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not sure if this is the section I should post this as I didnt see an elise section but here we go.

I have a 2007 Elise and I want to run some street tires during the wenter here in Colorado. I have the advan 048's on the car now.

Size and brand please

Thanks

Aaron

Here is a pic of the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
739 Posts
I'm running Falken Azenis RT-615's gotta double check on the size. I think its the best bang for buck tire. Performs quite decent too!

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Welcome...good choice in color. And a great picture.

There is a section on this site for discussing tires and some moderator will probably move this thread there. So, if you come back to look for you thread and can't find it, look in the "Suspension" sub-forum. There are LOTS of tire threads there.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I use the Michelin Pilot Exalto PE2 in stock LSS sizes. Great tire, quiet, rides well, will probably outlast the car. They are pretty expensive. :sad:

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
We need a lot more information.

Does the car see snow, or just cold temps? How do you drive it in the Winter? How much rain do you see? Is ride quality an issue? How about noise? Is weight an issue?

I'm a tire guy, give me as much info as you can, and I'll select the perfect tire for you.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The car hits the road in all weather and is not used as a race car but as a fun car. Ride, noise, and weight are not an issue. I just dont want a crap tire but I just spent a grip on tires for the 01 GTS and I'm not ready to toss in another 1K.

FYI 345/25/20's are not cheep I found out. :)

Thanks Guys

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
I'm running Falken Azenis RT-615's gotta double check on the size. I think its the best bang for buck tire. Performs quite decent too!
I think the RT-615's are summer only tires. Could be a problem in Colorado winters..

·
Registered
138 Posts
I live in Atlanta and put the Goodyear Eagle F1's on the rear, still have the OEM's on the front. Good all weather tire. Do a search on tires there have been dozens of posts on brands and sizes that are reasonably equivalent to the OEM tires.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Get the Pirelli snow tires recommended in the manual. If you're not going to be driving it in the snow AT ALL, the standard Elise tires (Advan AD07) would work well, considering we don't get any rain except for Summer (when I assume you'll have the A048 back on there) - though he AD07s are very good in the rain if it came to that.

EDIT - forgot to add, the AD07 aren't good for very cold temps so be sure to think about if that will be appropriate for how and where you plan to take your car.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I have the T1Rs too. I find that they are about the same as the Yoko AD07s. The AD07s are probably a bit more gripy in the dry, but the Toyo’s, A) come in the right size up front (better balance), B) are great in the wet and don’t have the cold temp problems, and C) are cheaper.

If Yoko sold the AD07 in a 195/50-16 I would maybe give them a try. But with the Toyos so much cheaper I don’t think I would get the Yoko AD07s.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I live in Atlanta and put the Goodyear Eagle F1's on the rear, still have the OEM's on the front. Good all weather tire. Do a search on tires there have been dozens of posts on brands and sizes that are reasonably equivalent to the OEM tires.
I also live in the Atlanta area and have put the Goodyear Eagle F1's on my car as well. I have the base rims with 205s up front and 235s on the rear. In the month or so that I have had them on, I am really liking them as compared to the Yoko AD07s I had on the car previously. Of course, this has been mostly a cold weather comparison so far (yes, this year has even been brutally cold in Atlanta - right now there is a 10 degree wind chill :(), but the GYs are far better than the Yokos ever were. I am sure they will not be as great as the Yokos when (and if) springtime comes our way, but I still highly recommend them. Of course, I only paid $250 for the set of 4 (a clearance sale) so I may be a little biased! :D Good luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
^ gonna have to chime in on this and say falken ziex912's. best bang for buck imho.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts