The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on putting 6 point restraints in my street/track Exige. I would prefer not to cut my stock seats for the sub-strap routing. I'd like to have better bolstered seats, but I would like to retain the ability to use my stock 3 point belt for the street. Are there any seats that are highly bolsters, and a good choice with both restraint types?

Thanks--Scott

·
Registered
284 Posts
I have both set up still on my Tillett's. It's a tight fit to get both attachments on the seat rails, but I like it so you can use 3pts on the street and 4 or 6pts on the track.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have the Tilletts too. Awesome seats!

I am however pulling the stock belts out of the car and going with my straight 6 point set-up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Three questions:

1) Is there a sub strap slot in the base of the seat?
2) Did you order directly from the UK or is there a US dealer?
3) Is it the B5?

Thanks--Scott

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I just got done ordering a pair of the B5 Tillets from Smitty. Can't wait to get them. I guess you can try to order directly from the UK, but it's a lot easier to deal with Smitty here on the forums to purchase.

Nova S4, did you need any special hardware from anywhere to attach both the stock and harness belts with the new seats?

·
Registered
284 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Nova S4, did you need any special hardware from anywhere to attach both the stock and harness belts with the new seats?
Smitty now provides the notched bolt collars (The things which go between the hole in the seat belt anchors and the bolt which holds them to the seat rail) which allow you to mount both to the seat rail. Let me know if you need help with the install, I spent enough time installing them for the instructions to make your head spin.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Cool, I may tap your expertise when they do arrive. And Smitty is gonna send the directions over before the seats arrive so I can get a heads up and prepare for the install.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
No.. The Schroth Profi II ASM (Orange "Push" button cam-lock) is DOT street legal. This is not a daily driver and having both sets of belts is simply annoying.
It's just that you must have your harness on so tight for it to be effective that you can't reach stuff in the car when you are strapped in. Seems like too big of a compromise for me while driving the car on the street.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Scotty,

Since you are installing different seats,mare you selling your stock ones? I am looking to buy a set, or even one, of any color. Please let mw know, thanks!!!

Greg

·
Registered
414 Posts
Is there ANY other seat besides this one that fits?
Yea, tons.

Reverie has seats.
Bride does too.

I have the Bride seat (from Japan) but to use it you need to be a skinny arse dude like meself. I think the max waist witdh is 32". So, it's snugg but I don't move at all, and if you add the harness, there is no lateral movement whatsoever.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts