The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Always fun beating up on less experienced P-car owners. :D

Haven't been back to SOW for awhile...... some old videos for reference.

Back when I had a 2006 Cup240:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPWsmb9TL10
Back when there was less pavement on the apex of the second corner of the chicane even! Is there a reason why Lotus Cup doesn't run at SoW anymore?

·
Registered
385 Posts
The group that I drive in says that the lead car should stay on line and let the trailing car pass off line, but it is pretty common for the lead car to stay to one side of the track to let someone pass, even if it takes them off line.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great video! Surface is basically the same, just with another layer of asphalt on it. If anything, it's actually a little bumpier than before. I don't understand the point repaving it if they were going to leave all the bumps in place.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Streets was my favorite track until I realized that every time I went there, I left with bent wheels. It looks like they fixed the right hander into the skid pad that bent all my wheels but its still a bit too "old parking lot surface" compared to the other tracks in our area (Chuckwalla and Buttonwillow).

I'd be willing to go back if we could ever get some lotus guys to go, it seems people only come out for Lotus events.. =( But I think Buttonwillow will be my next Venue. I've got Chuckwalla pretty much down.

Ken 06 Exige

1 - 14 of 14 Posts