The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This track and I, we have unfinished business! Yes it's Speedtrial, there will be multiple offs, very dirty track, dangerous drivers. So I figure if we fill up a run group (I am going on Sunday in group D) we can run like a pack and be...safer? lol

Cheap, $130 for one day or $210 for both. Think Eddie and I are planning on Sunday -

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
there will be multiple offs, very dirty track, dangerous drivers. -
OH MY!

scares me:eek:

Actually if you stack the drivers in your group "D" with friends and Lotus drrivers, it will be safer and more fun.

Can I join? --Hal

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Of course Hal! The race group is like stripped down cars with cages on slicks who run NASA time trials...then there's beginners, intermediate and high intermediate - I think D is high intermediate underneath the race group. There's not a lot of track time compared to Jack or LCS, and I'll prolly just sit out the first session to get rid of all the crazies, but it's cheap enough to run a 2 or 3 sessions and have some fun

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Hmmm.... I think I'll show up to watch and root for the Lotus cars.
Maybe Terry will go too.
--Hal

·
Premium Member
4,709 Posts
Peter/Eddie -- Do Big Willow....it's a lot of fun and the practice will help as there will be two LCS events at Big Willow in 2009.

I won't even touch the SpeedTrial "spin-fest" issue, except to say.....after attending two of their events, I'll never do another one (and I'm a track junkie ;)).

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There's actually a Friday date at Streets that I might do, and big track...that thing scares me lol - see you on Tuesday regardless :)

·
Premium Member
4,709 Posts
There's actually a Friday date at Streets that I might do, and big track...that thing scares me lol - see you on Tuesday regardless :)
Like any new track...you need to sneak up on it ;).... you can handle Big Willow.

Friday at the Streets is a PCA (San Diego Region) track day....I've run with them. They are good guys and gals. :)

As for Tuesday, I told Ben that you may be bringing the STi....he told me you guys recently "spoke" over at that other forum. :D

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep, I might bring both actually, we'll see... the STi doesn't have pads/lines yet and it doesn't really wanna stop that fast, but the KW's are set perfect and it's got sticky rubber :)

·
Premium Member
4,551 Posts
Thanks for the info. Jack...

Yea, I'll do Fri....and prob. choose Big Willow...Pete join me - I've done it before, it's not that bad...

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok cool let's do Friday, I can just Paypal over to the info you sent Eddie? Don't need to like talk with someone first? Hope Manly's car is ready be nice to see him out there tearin' it up

·
Premium Member
4,551 Posts
I just printed out the Track Form and filled it out...I also called them to ensure a spot....talked to them and advanced group would be fine.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok faxing over my form right now too...

anyone else? Streets? Friday Feb 6

·
Premium Member
4,709 Posts
Ok faxing over my form right now too...

anyone else? Streets? Friday Feb 6
Ooops.....I thought you guys were thinking of doing the SOW event on January 30th....forget my mention of PCASDR. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,551 Posts
Ooops.....I thought you guys were thinking of doing the SOW event on January 30th....forget my mention of PCASDR. ;)
Hahaha....and I signed up because of your rec...rotfl

·
Premium Member
4,551 Posts
So is anyone doing Big Willow with SpeedVentures? I'm tempted...

BTW Eddie, great avatar...
Hey Andy, if you want to go one day, I'll go with you...I'm thinking Peter and I might hit Sun....let's all go!!!

Yea, AJ got some great track shots!

·
Premium Member
4,709 Posts
So is anyone doing Big Willow with SpeedVentures? I'm tempted...

BTW Eddie, great avatar...

I'll probably be there one day....probably Sunday.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Hey Andy, if you want to go one day, I'll go with you...I'm thinking Peter and I might hit Sun....let's all go!!!

Yea, AJ got some great track shots!
I'll probably be there one day....probably Sunday.
OK, I'll sign up for Sunday... Black Group?

Make us proud . Represent the series and show them how its done. Remember lots of patience . 5 @ 20 minute sessions. Some of you had 100 + laps on Friday .
I might have been one of those 100+ people... probably the most track laps I've ever done in a day... :bow:

1 - 20 of 76 Posts