The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pretty serious stress fracture in my left foot... and well other than not being able to run for more than 12 weeks. Driving the lotus isn't feeling to comfortable even in quite THICK brooks running stability shoes.

I've never picked up or held auto racing shoes. I was wondering if something like the Alpinestar racing shoes would have a solid bottom that wouldn't have flex and maybe some padding between my toes and the pedal itself!

I wouldn't be using these to walk around. Strictly tucked away behind the seat till I need them to drive and then back off...

Any experience would help me greatly! :panic:

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
You're lucky it's not the right foot.

I've broken both left and right big toes, and the 5th metatarsal of my left foot, the latter required a full cast. One of the broken big toes required a walking cast. Out of luck for driving manual transmission for a while. Eventually I could.

Hiking boots... or just a boot on the foot that needed to heal.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hiking boots! That is probably the best solution!

I was just wondering about racing boot/shoes due to being able to use them once this is all done!

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
If you're looking for rigidity in a racing shoe, Piloti is a good way to go.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! So we are taking hard near the toes right? If you own them and maybe can describe the thickness of the outside sole itself that would reallllly help! I'm trying to order something today. Because my foot f'ing hurts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts