The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am picking up my Elise next week and want to get a pair black stripes on it. Now, in real world terms how hard is it to install them youself and make it look really good and how long does it take? Are there any tricks and tips to installing them?

Thanks for the help.
Troy

·
Registered
836 Posts
Pay a pro to do it.

There is a reason the material is a low % of the total cost.

I would do most mechanical stuff on my car but there is no way I do stripes

·
Registered
758 Posts
I am picking up my Elise next week and want to get a pair black stripes on it. Now, in real world terms how hard is it to install them youself and make it look really good and how long does it take? Are there any tricks and tips to installing them?

Thanks for the help.
Troy
If you have never done it before, you will screw it up. Any body shop can do it for about $100.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am not going to pay someone $1500 to put a vinyl stripe on the car, that is for sure. I would even debate if getting them painted for that much woudl be worht it. I do want to put stripes on it, but not that bad. I do not mind taking the time to do it msyelf and that is fun to me if the results look good. I do all the work on my cars myself and that is half the fun in owning the car and being and owner of a car to me.

So for anyone who has installed their own stripes what do you have to say? Did it work out good or bad?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
VA

Code:
If you disclose your location maybe someone can refer you...

·
Registered
836 Posts
SweeydaddyD is in Atlanta. you can find him on here. He does a good job with these things to a reasonable price.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
You can do it yourself, but I would order enough materials to do the job twice. You are going to mess up probably more than once and will need the extra materials to fix your mistakes..

Job will probably take 6 to 8 hours (Just guessing) Ive striped other cars before, but never a lotus. The lotus does look more difficult though with all the extra curves.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts