The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have stripes on a BRP (with black interior)? I'm thinking of doing the big double-stripe. Suggestions for colors? Thus far, I've thought of black, white, and silver. Other suggestions?

Anyone got a photo, or can someone do a Photoshop? Thanks!

·
Registered
87 Posts
BRP with Stripes

Well, I plan on doing several things on my BRP Elise to make it a little more racey.

I have heard it mentioned many times that the reason some don't go for BRP is that it is a fem color... I love the color, it is rich, elegant, classy... and IMHO the car will atrack enough attention witout a "look at me" color on it. But how to get it back to the somewhat racey look intended?

So here's what I'm doing.

1.) Black interior. Biscuit looks great with BRP, but black is more racey.

2.) Mean looking Lotus team O.Z. black powder coated wheels---for the Yoko 0A48s ; 195s front, 225s rear.

2.) BRP rear wing with black vertical struts and black powder coated side panels. (from Elise Parts dot com---wing part custom painted BRP locally)

3.) Double racing stripes in Black. The only thing I have not decided on yet is the "trim line" on the outside of each black racing stripe, probably black, but I can play with these ideas after the main two stripes are on. I'm starting in vinyl. If it works, I may have them painted later.

Regarding the trim stripes...
I guess we all know that anything "gold" will look incredible against the BRP. But IMO it may look a bit too "low rider"... never mind that that our Lotus is a true low rider! Or should I say "low driver" heh heh...

Warning!
If you do this to your BRP Elise you'd better NOT live in the San Diego area! ;-)

Marty

·
Registered
389 Posts
Personally, I would go for Old English White stripes over BRP, although that may be a little too 'classic racer', might not be what you are looking for.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion. Yes!, the white would work great too, but I'm looking for something visually more subtle from a distance. I don't want to give the cops a heads up from too far away! ;-)

Besides, my visually loud car is my modded Electric Blue Mini Cooper "S" with it's white top/side mirrors/wheels and white side graphics... Which, by the way, I am keeping as my normal driver. So I've already got "loud" in the stable.

I guess you can tell I love whomping V8s with four cyclinders!

Thanks!

Marty

·
Registered
389 Posts
In that case, silver (or even graphite) would look lurverly! Classy and subtle.

The Cooper S is a fun car (we had one in the family back when I had my original Elise). What have you done to mod it?

Merry xmas btw too! :)

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
I was all set to do the silver stripes over my BRP until my wife stuck a fork in it. :rolleyes: Still, I'd love to see it...

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
It was painful. She told me 'It'll look like you're going through a mid-life crisis, and I refuse to ride in any car with 'stripes'. :( That shot me down.....

·
Registered
5,420 Posts
Surferjer said:
I was all set to do the silver stripes over my BRP until my wife stuck a fork in it. :rolleyes: Still, I'd love to see it...
I think this would be the most badass of all the color combinations. Beautiful yet powerful statement.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Surferjer said:
It was painful. She told me 'It'll look like you're going through a mid-life crisis, and I refuse to ride in any car with 'stripes'. :( That shot me down.....
That's terrible! :( In fact I was thinking of making it my new year's resolution not to ride in anything that *didn't* have stripes! :p

·
Registered
87 Posts
BRP w/stripes

All great suggestions!!
Now you've all got me thinking I must try out the silver AND the Aztec bronze stripes.

I never thougth of the Lotus Aztec color as working well with the BRP, but I think that may just be an outrageous yet subtle combination too. Gold would be too "low rider" but maybe the Aztec bronze with a black edge. Any photo shop experts wanna give it a try??? PAHLEEEZZZ??

GirlRacer; Regarding your question about my Mini Cooper "S"; It's the new version. As far as the mods go, it's got the Madness cold air intake, MagnaFlow exhaust, the 15% supercharger reduction pulley, and we've remapped the ECU to move the rev limiter higher and also match the new supercharger speeds/ fuel mixtures. The best I can get 0 to 60 is around 6.0 seconds because of the front wheel drive. Nothing transfers to the rear so it's hopeless off the line---but then that's not what the Mini is for... ;-)

Cheers!

Marty

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Another vote for silver. I think that would work very well with the BRP. White would be fine, too, but it's a better match with AR or one of the blues. I don't like black stripes.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
If I ever decide to trade in my wife, my new one will LIKE SILVER STRIPES! But I'll try to keep this wife I guess. Stripes aren't the be all end all...

·
Registered
389 Posts
Surferjet, have you considered bonnet (hood) stripes, rather than the full front to back deal? You could point out to your wife how 'cute' they look on Mini Coopers. :)

·
Registered
169 Posts
I was actually thinking of putting Bordeaux stripes on my Arctic Silver car.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
girlracer-nice suggestion. I'll point those out to her, but I don't hold out a lot of hope.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I hear ya. About the most popular comment from women when they see my Elise is "Ooh, cute car!!" I'm like, "It's NOT cute!" :mad:

Still probably gonna opt for bonnet stripes only on mine, cos I don't like the way full stripes cover the LOTUS lettering on the back. But first I am getting my wheels painted gunmetal... :evil:

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Not to crap all over your parade, but I doubt the letters will be re-usable when they come off.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts