The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm due to place my order in a month, I'm getting the CO with red interior. I had planned to add stripes of a bit darker orange.

I saw a show over the weekend in which an old mustang was restored. It looked like a CO base with silver stripes. It looked good. I never would have thought of that combo.

I was at the Lotus dealership yesterday and mentioned the silver on orange and everyone within earshot looked at me like I had riped one in church. The reaction has been the same with my wifes family.

Does CO with a silver stripe sound ugly?...Picture it....ahhhhh yes.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
There's a thread with lots of photochopped color combinations, I don't remember if this combo was in there. I think silver on orange could look very good. Or how about white stripes? That might work, too, if you don't mind your car looking like a traffic cone. ;)

·
Supporting Vendor
4,440 Posts
Go for it!

For my CO car, I'm thinking one stripe down the middle that starts out white and fades to yellow.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Death Trap said:
I'm due to place my order in a month, I'm getting the CO with red interior. I had planned to add stripes of a bit darker orange.
Red interior?

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
I've driven a CO car with black interior and I've driven a Graphite Gray car with red interior. I can't imagine how this combination is going to effect your sight/attention. When I was in the CO car I found myself constantly looking at the painted surfaces (doors, fenders, etc) With red interior to boot, it might be very distracting? I've seen some odd color combo's and I've like some that I wouldn't ordinarily like so please post pics when you get your car.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
I had similar thoughts, they are both stimulating colors.

·
Registered
7,722 Posts
just a thought, but if ur going with red interior, how about red stripes?
it will tie into the interior, and not clash so much with the orange paint....
paint the center console red...
certainly will look different...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So you think the red interior and the CO will look ugly, eh?

I don't think I'm going to be taking my eyes off the road because the interior is red...My concern is that the colors won't look good together.

Has anyone here ordered this combination?

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
No, not ugly. I just can't picture it in my head. I would hate for you to order this and then regret it when it arrives. It would definetely be on the wild side of Elise's, that's for sure. This car has proven to look great in many color combos that I would initially dislike so without seeing one first...who knows?

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Death Trap said:

I don't think I'm going to be taking my eyes off the road because the interior is red...My concern is that the colors won't look good together.

Has anyone here ordered this combination?
I would have, but I didn't want the extra weight. I think that combination would look great! I would choose yellow stripes or silver. I have had thoughts of painting all the grillework silver too. Do what YOU like, it sounds to me like we have similar tastes :cool:
Definitely go for it!

·
Registered
543 Posts
death trap

evomind has a good idea of painting the stripes red, that'll tie eveything together.

look around the site for appropriate photos, and photoshop your combo. also the thread with stripe combinations was great! look for it. that may help!

go with your heart/initial gut feeling nd you'll be fine!!

t. a.

(SB, std. blk int, hardtop, ETA jan05!)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts