The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I was planning to do this from the very start. I want to put some stripes on my LRG elise. I found the vendor, Chufforiagraffix. I found part of the color, yellow, with silver accents. I quite liked it from what i saw on the type 25 (even though that is BRG). Probably gonna go custom and have some text on it.

What type of stripes would be best? Double, off center, or single?

Does anyone know a place that could put stripes on here in IL, preferably in the bloomington/peoria area?
I saw that some people put theirs on themselves. From what I can gather, a squeegee is all that is really needed. Good idea to give that a try?

Now just out of curiosity, with 2 stripes of different colors be a crazy idea? What colors would you think?

·
Registered
742 Posts
:popcorn:

·
Carbon Fiber
1,637 Posts
Black n gray would work but maybe off center it an make the 2 stripes different widths

·
Registered
324 Posts
Does anyone know a place that could put stripes on here in IL, preferably in the bloomington/peoria area?
I would be able to help you out with this. I just finished a full vinyl wrap on my car, along with a half wrap on a friends and several stripe jobs. If you are in the area sometime, let me know, and we can meet up. I would not have time to do it until mid october though. I get back from Italy next wednesday, and have a full wrap to do, along with preparing for 24hours of lemons.

·
Registered
539 Posts
i think this is the way to go with stripes on a green Elise.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
The yellow on LRG or BRG is classic and IMO in great taste. If I were shopping for another Elise it would be an LRG or BRG one which I could add yellow stripes to. I would however leave off the the accents and go for straight yellow stripes on the green body. 2 stripes like the one pictured by Lc 09 no offsets no single stripes.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would be able to help you out with this. I just finished a full vinyl wrap on my car, along with a half wrap on a friends and several stripe jobs. If you are in the area sometime, let me know, and we can meet up. I would not have time to do it until mid october though. I get back from Italy next wednesday, and have a full wrap to do, along with preparing for 24hours of lemons.
That sounds great, thanks. I just might take you up on that offer!

The yellow on LRG or BRG is classic and IMO in great taste. If I were shopping for another Elise it would be an LRG or BRG one which I could add yellow stripes to. I would however leave off the the accents and go for straight yellow stripes on the green body. 2 stripes like the one pictured by Lc 09 no offsets no single stripes.

I feel like I just might go that route and skip the accents. But outta curiosity, has anyone ever seen LRG with pink stripes? Almost feel like i have deviated from the norm all my life, why stop now? Has anyone ever seen one? Did a search and couldn't find a single green car (lotus or otherwise) with pink stripes!!! If someone has an example somewhere, I would really like to see one.
If not, I would probably go ahead and get the dual stripes.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anyone good enough with photoshop to throw a couple pink stripes on a LRG elise. I probably will do it tomorrow when I have the energy to move from this couch and get several shots of the car to work with

·
Back to the Future, again
6,187 Posts
Double stripes down the center with accent lines on the outside in a different color, or one offset stripe with double accent lines on both sides.

Yes, definitely get all the stripes in different colors, so that you could have up to four different colors if you so chose. I think purple, pink, brown, and red polka dots.

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
Did you say pink stripes on LRG??????????????

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
If i can figure out what it would look like!
It would look like you ruined the classic looks of a heritage color with pink stripes!

Of course it's yours to do with as you wish...

·
Registered
297 Posts
or you could go with red stripes... then in a few months drop the top, get a suit, get a fake beard, and just go nuts making it rain gifts.

Just a thought =P I'm in agreement that yellow is the way to go with BRG or LRG. Two yellow stripes down the middle and don't look back.

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
It's really obvious to me, but for others that need a clue, Notorious doesn't really like stripes. I'm not a fan either, but I tolerate them. It's up to each owner, but polka dots of any color shouldn't be taken seriously.

San

1 - 20 of 38 Posts