The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Back to the Future, again
6,160 Posts
Actually I love stripes depending on the car, but I think it's a very individual thing and asking others for something you have to live with doesn't really get you much other than maybe reinforcing what you are going to do anyway.

The Lotus Elige twins definitely look good with stripes, as does the Viper and Mustang, but the Porsche 911 definitely would be crap with stripes. But the cars that look good with stripes, can also look good without stripes, not vice versa.

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
6,912 Posts
Actually I love stripes depending on the car, but I think it's a very individual thing and asking others for something you have to live with doesn't really get you much other than maybe reinforcing what you are going to do anyway.

The Lotus Elige twins definitely look good with stripes, as does the Viper and Mustang, but the Porsche 911 definitely would be crap with stripes. But the cars that look good with stripes, can also look good without stripes, not vice versa.
I like the stripes on the Ford GT, one of the only Ford vehicles I'd own. IMHO stripes need to be backed up with performance.

San

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I think, if you do want stripes, go for the yellow in the pattern of the Type 25 car. Please, don't do pink! Pink is actually ok, on a matte black Lotus driven by a woman (I know one here in DC with that sort of setup). But on LRG, nope.

Now, stripes on a 911... Check these out! My absolute favorite 911 right now, the Sport Classic. Sadly, absurdly expensive, and never sold in the US. It is Dove grey, with Fuchs wheels, full natural espresso brown leather interior, and over 400bhp squeezed out of its engine. (the engine is why the car never made it to the US). Very few copies of this car exist. But it does look great with the classic duck tail spoiler and very pale grey stripes down the center!

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I guess with everything said, I am going with the yellow double stripes with custom designs on them, if chuforia can do it. Thanks.

·
6,160 Posts
I guess with everything said, I am going with the yellow double stripes with custom designs on them, if chuforia can do it. Thanks.
Too boring. Do something different. Brilliant silver or something else would differentiate your car.

·
Registered
26 Posts

Attachments

·
6,160 Posts

·
Registered
7,008 Posts
Get out of the box, literally. Striping does not have to be straight my right handed brethren! All sorts of curved options, especially on a curvy car.

As an example

Jason and Ross coming in (Small).jpg

Park her somewhere at night with lights around. Study the reflections for ideas.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts