The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
Should be a positive for Emira intro timing, if it shows up on schedule.

Reactions: glemmons

·
Registered
181 Posts
The government has pumped trillions into the US economy, much of it in the way of PPP loans/grants to small business owners, many of whom actually benefited from the pandemic.. A huge windfall for them. A lot of that money is now being spent on fancy cars (rather than hiring employees).

·
Registered
18 Posts
The government has pumped trillions into the US economy, much of it in the way of PPP loans/grants to small business owners, many of whom actually benefited from the pandemic.. A huge windfall for them. A lot of that money is now being spent on fancy cars (rather than hiring employees).
Not to take this in a political direction, but a lot of business owners can’t get employees. People are lazy and are making equal money staying at home on the government dime.

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
662 Posts
Ive been looking at Mclarens for a while, last year they were on the tippy tippy top of my limit. Now even the lowley Mp4's are all 6 figures.

·
Premium Member
7,570 Posts
To be fair and observe first ammendment rights, both individuals just made two very civil and very correct statements. Keep it clean and this type of discussion has benefit.

Makes me wonder how much more my 2013 is worth this July v last July.... and indeed the Evora was introduced at the worst time in the past 50yrs. Let's hope Emira gets released before everything tanks again, esp if the ICE gets attacked on the environmental front!

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
To be fair and observe first ammendment rights, both individuals just made two very civil and very correct statements. Keep it clean and this type of discussion has benefit.
thanks for making that observation!

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Interest rates vs inflation says take that nearly free money loan....

Reactions: brgelise

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, the first amendment doesn’t apply here, and this isn’t a forum for general political discussion…

If/when it becomes that, I’ll be gone - and this is me being open enough to say that. I’m confident others will leave more quietly.

I‘m here to chat Lotus.

Kevin

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Well, the first amendment doesn’t apply here, and this isn’t a forum for general political discussion…

If/when it becomes that, I’ll be gone - and this is me being open enough to say that. I’m confident others will leave more quietly.

I‘m here to chat Lotus.

Kevin
Oh no what will LT do without you… are you always trying to tell people what to post on forums? No wonder you’re always leaving.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh no what will LT do without you… are you always trying to tell people what to post on forums? No wonder you’re always leaving.
Nope, just letting you know that many people don’t appreciate politics intruding into everything.

Now can somebody explain if there’s a “block user” feature here?

Kevin

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
There absolutely is. I was being a smart ass so I apologize for that… but honestly how do you expect people to respond when you tell them what they can and can’t say?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Man I was eyeing my dream car, the F430 in 6MT for many years and I saw it drop into the $90-100k range at one point but I was not financially ready at the time. Now that I could (barely) afford to own one they sky rocket into the $150k+ range IF you could even find one. I probably will never own a supercar again (had an 08 R8 if that counts) with these crazy high prices, ESPECIALLY in manual.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Man I was eyeing my dream car, the F430 in 6MT for many years and I saw it drop into the $90-100k range at one point but I was not financially ready at the time. Now that I could (barely) afford to own one they sky rocket into the $150k+ range IF you could even find one. I probably will never own a supercar again (had an 08 R8 if that counts) with these crazy high prices, ESPECIALLY in manual.
I love the F430 as well... those to me are the sweet spot for Ferrari, not a fan of the 458 or anything afterwards.

Reactions: brgelise

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
662 Posts
I would consider an R8 a supercar.

·
Registered
The Blue Meanie - 2006 Polar Blue Elise & Bernice - 2010 Chilli Red Mini Cooper S
1,003 Posts
OP here, and let’s NOT make this a political discussion - in either direction.

I’ve abandoned several forums that didn’t rein in such conversation…

Kevin
Yeah man, there’s plenty of political forums out there. I belong to a few myself. I don’t bring it here.

Reactions: kestrou

·
Premium Member
2017 Evora 400 MT
79 Posts
They once called the Evora a sublime supercar.
She still is in my mind.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Nope, just letting you know that many people don’t appreciate politics intruding into everything
The better question here seems to be, why is mentioning inflation and how businesses can’t get employees “make it political”?

better yet, how does the first amendment NOT apply here?
Seems like there’s a story here that we’re missing.

·
Administrator
5,918 Posts
I don't like what I'm seeing posing wise above if it keeps up this thread will be closed and warning sent. I don't read all threads especially when on the road. Keep it civil and pointed in the right direction.

Reactions: imthewalruz
1 - 20 of 26 Posts