21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,980 Posts
I was,.....for a change.

·
Super Moderator
4,218 Posts
The better question here seems to be, why is mentioning inflation and how businesses can’t get employees “make it political”?

better yet, how does the first amendment NOT apply here?
Seems like there’s a story here that we’re missing.
1. It borders on political because discussing employers inability to hire leads to talking about economic policies of administrations current and past.
2. First amendment ( simplified) does not apply to private companies/entities ( AG is owner of Lotustalk ). First amendment at the simplest level means you can say what ever you want and the US government can’t throw you in jail for disagreeing with it ( not ‘Fire’ in a crowded theater when there actually is not a fire)

Private companies can regulate ‘speech’ on private systems. The analogy is you are a guest in their house- if you say something they don’t like, they can ask you to leave ( ban you from site). First amendment does not prevent you from being ejected from lotustalk.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Lotus Evora GT - Vivid Green
251 Posts
AG is owner of Lotustalk
Lotus Talk is owned by Vertical Scope, Inc., which is "Headquartered in Toronto, with offices in the U.S., Estonia, and the Cayman Islands". Vertical Scope owns over 1200 forum websites. Being based in Canada, it is unclear to me if the US Constitution is at all applicable to discussions here.
What is applicable is Vertical Scope's Terms of Use, which can be found here: Terms of Use – VerticalScope Inc.

Reactions: Catsailr27

·
Premium Member
7,980 Posts
In other words, not mentioned....

21 - 26 of 26 Posts