The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my unofficial points count for STS. It's in Tab-delimited text, which should work in most word processors or spread sheets.

On a side note (not aimed at anyone on this board), don't you just love it when people send out files in the absolute latest format, like Word or Excel. Just because their work can afford to buy the latest version of Micro$oft'$ product, doesn't mean every one else can.

Attachments

·
Member # 16
180 Posts
Well there is that. Then one thing I've fun into with business stuff... Someone sent me a file format that is 15 years old, a very old database format and I had no clue what it was, or did windows or any of the programs I have installed regonize it as theirs.

Some companies like to live in a REALLY old world (well really it's their grumpy data guys that think Regan is still in office).

In defense of people that send out new versions of files, they probably don't realize it's a problem for some people. Microsoft however knows what they are doing! More money more money more money! <---- guess I can't complain too much, I own stock.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just had to develop a drop-shipment file generator. All fixed-length fields and padded with spaces - some fields left-justified, some right-justified. Why can't these idiots take data, lop off whatever spaces are on either end and deal with it?

Figures that everyone is XML crazy for web development - where it sucks, and won't use it for it's natural purpose - exchanging data.

·
Registered
132 Posts
well, that file is readable, but it's only 3 lines down and about 6000 long....un-decipherable.

Don't cha just hate it when that happens....ppl put files up that just aren't compatible.....

ahhh nevermind, thats just mean....

:p :p :p :D :D :D

·
Registered
113 Posts
When I met Stacey she was working on the Reagan-Bush campaign.

I was the campus rep for Mondale-Ferraro after serving as a McGovern delegate....

It was a match made in heaven.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mazdaspeedwest said:
well, that file is readable, but it's only 3 lines down and about 6000 long....un-decipherable.

Don't cha just hate it when that happens....ppl put files up that just aren't compatible.....

ahhh nevermind, thats just mean....

:p :p :p :D :D :D
Not my fault that you are using a Winblow$ computer. I can open it with every text editor, word processor, or spreadsheet on my computer...even Excel 98. All of them think it's ASCII text, tab delimited.

Maybe you just need to pirate better (or newer) software.:D

·
Registered
171 Posts
Oh Art, I am only a mere 81 points behind you. I can't believe that. If I had only learned how to tighten the nut behind the wheel a little earlier in the season :D

·
Registered
132 Posts
Gunnar said:
Oh Art, I am only a mere 81 points behind you. I can't believe that. If I had only learned how to tighten the nut behind the wheel a little earlier in the season :D
the nut may be tight but the screws are still loose :D :D

·
Registered
132 Posts
Davard said:

Not my fault that you are using a Winblow$ computer. I can open it with every text editor, word processor, or spreadsheet on my computer...even Excel 98. All of them think it's ASCII text, tab delimited.

Maybe you just need to pirate better (or newer) software.:D
well since it was created on a crackinmosh it may not be my software...:D

i got it readable now, thank you.

man, i really need to kick ass, i need 24pts to get past Aaron...best i could hope for is a no-show or a poor performance...as it would theoretically take about 4-6 events with top notch driving each event to catch him. I've got my work cut out with only 2 events left.........maybe i should write messages on my hood at every event :p

·
Registered
171 Posts
mazdaspeedwest said:

...best i could hope for is a no-show ...
I am in the same boat. If Art doesn't show for one event, and I get second or third, he is mine :D

But we all know that will never happen. There is no way he is going to let me get him this late in the season. oh well, there is always next year ;)

·
Member # 16
180 Posts
I figured out that if I beat the first place guy by 11 seconds at the next two events I can win the class. He could simply not show up, but I doubt that will happen. I've pretty much got 2nd (2nd id 50 points ahead of me, but usually earns 25 points less than me per event). Now if only I could come up with a way to beat him by 11 seconds!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Gunnar said:

I am in the same boat. If Art doesn't show for one event, and I get second or third, he is mine :D

But we all know that will never happen. There is no way he is going to let me get him this late in the season. oh well, there is always next year ;)
I think even if Art doesn't show you can't get by him. Remember we can drop the lowest 3 results.

·
Registered
171 Posts
you may be right Serge, but i think that he has missed 2 events and I have only missed 1.

Either way, I am not going to catch him this year :mad:

Not that I won't be trying to :D

There is always next year!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Gunnar said:
you may be right Serge, but i think that he has missed 2 events and I have only missed 1.

Either way, I am not going to catch him this year :mad:

Not that I won't be trying to :D

There is always next year!
I only missed one!

And if the Angel game would have been a night game I wouldn't have missed that one.

Next year my car should be ready.

Art

·
Registered
171 Posts
Then let it be so!

And from this day forward we shall Battle for all that is good in the world!

Like Fast cars! Fast women (in cars of course:D )!! And Good Pizza!

Oh yeah, don't forget.....

Bring it on ART! :D

And I'll See YOU at the races:D

·
Registered
132 Posts
Gunnar said:
Then let it be so!

And from this day forward we shall Battle for all that is good in the world!

Like Fast cars! Fast women (in cars of course:D )!! And Good Pizza!

Oh yeah, don't forget.....

Bring it on ART! :D

And I'll See YOU at the races:D

hey Art, maybe i was wrong in my other post

those above, now thems fighten werds!

:D :D :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts