The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had this done on my Porsche but I'm unable to find a kit for the Evora. Has anyone done or does anyone sell a caliper stud kit to replace the long caliper bolts?

·
Premium Member
6,784 Posts
Interested....what advantage would this give you?? Never heard of this before.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Illegal Alien
5,009 Posts
Why do you want to remove the calipers, brake pads remove out the backside of caliper (while in place) by knocking out 2 retaining pins

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
what about when you need to replace the rotors and pads?
While I haven't tried this, I want to say there should be sufficient room to remove the rotor from the hub with the caliper in place if you remove the pads first. As Julian pointed out, the pads come out the back-side of the calipers in-situ, so it's possible the whole thing could be done without ever removing the caliper. This is likely for the fronts only though; the rears have to clear the parking brake shoes, which I don't think it can.

Of course if you've replaced the wheel lug bolts with a stud kit then it definitely won't work.

·
Illegal Alien
5,009 Posts
what about when you need to replace the rotors and pads?
Then you pull the bolts and remove the calipers, really not a big deal. It's just not needed to be done that much.

Reactions: MrMaru

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did not try removing the rotors with the calipers on and pads off, it's just not something I thought to try because I've never done it that way or seen/heard of it done that way in the past. And I know I could remove the bolts but they make stud kits for several other applications and I was wondering if they made kits for Lotus as well. It's all about personal preference and minimizing tools I keep in my road toolbox.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts