The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Stumbles right turn only from stop or low speed.
Full tank of gas - Stock wheels and tire sizes.
Turn off Traction Control and it goes away - Solution?
I'm betting it's only on very tight right turns (i.e. leaving a stop sign to turn right). The difference in the turning radius of the inside and outside rear wheels is so great (and thus their rate of rotation different) that the traction control thinks you're getting wheel spin. Very tight left turns are just less frequent, but it will happen in either direction.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had this same issue. I had disconnected my ABS sensor on LF because of "ice mode" on the track. I now turn off the traction control and the problem is gone. I would check for a loose connection/broken wire on the ABS sensors.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your right!

I'm betting it's only on very tight right turns (i.e. leaving a stop sign to turn right). The difference in the turning radius of the inside and outside rear wheels is so great (and thus their rate of rotation different) that the traction control thinks you're getting wheel spin. Very tight left turns are just less frequent, but it will happen in either direction.
I tested your theory - It does if fact happen on both Left and Right (very tight) turns from a stop - Thank you!

Other than turning off Traction Control - is there a fix?

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
I tested your theory - It does if fact happen on both Left and Right (very tight) turns from a stop - Thank you!

Other than turning off Traction Control - is there a fix?
No, other than trying not to get on the power while you're in a very sharp turn.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts