The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 Elise LSS Saffron Yellow
819 Posts
Beautiful car, but, man, am I the only one, those seats, material, quality, not quite up with the car
Having never seen a stock Elite, I'm defaulting to the belief that this is a correct restoration for a 1960 Lotus - they weren't luxury cars, and any form of 'bucket' seat was automatically sporty and high performance. For comparison, a Fiat-Abarth of the era also had rather utilitarian (gloss black) vinyl covered flat-top seats. Besides, it's not like S1 Elans came with amazing interiors, and AFAIK you have to add or remove a block of foam to adjust the height of Esprit seats.

Now if the car came in Connolly leather and the restorer cheaped out with vinyl, you have a point...

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
10 minutes to go and the bidding is up to $75K! I wonder if that will hit reserve. This is such a beautiful car. It really seems like it should go for much more. The restoration work is incredible. Of course, lots of late bidders may appear at any time.

·
Premium Member
2005 Elise LSS Saffron Yellow
819 Posts
"Reserve not met on 6/10/19 at $101,000" Does anybody know what this car is actually worth? It probably is the cleanest Elite on the planet, but there aren't that many to compare with...

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
"Reserve not met on 6/10/19 at $101,000" Does anybody know what this car is actually worth? It probably is the cleanest Elite on the planet, but there aren't that many to compare with...
One comment said that the car was previously listed at $135k over at Ebay. Of course it didnt sell so the value of the car must be in between 101k and 135k.

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
Not THE cleanest, but one of the tops. Finished second at The Original British Car Day with my Europa a few years ago to a freshly restored Elite. The equal of this on every level. Local guy who owns a couple of the Esprit X180R race cars, an Evora, a Caterham and an Elise and who hosts a big Lotus Picnic each year has a fully restored Type 14, also as nice, with the known dark blow lower/silver upper paint scheme.

There's an equally nice red one that pops up at local car shows from time to time.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
The rumors that I've heard is that no Elite without historical association e.g., Jim Clark's car has sold for more than $130K

1 - 12 of 12 Posts