The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Normally we wouldn’t feature a private owner photo shoot, but we couldn’t resist after David from Australia sent us these stunning photos of his Lotus Europa S.

Modern Lotus Europas are rare enough in the UK, don’t exist at all in the United States, and number less than 10 in all of Australia. So photos of this caliber of the under-appreciated Lotus Europa are a special event indeed.

The photographer who took the photos, also named Dave, operates the website Epic Images. Click here to see the full gallery and click here to see his earlier photoshoot with the Europa S.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Awesome pics!

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Maybe it is just the angle or a shadow but the color of the body panels doesn't seem to match - as if it were repainted and was off a shade. (look at the fender where the "S" is compared to the door)

in fact, even the pic below this one above (rear 3/4 shot) looks the same - panels don't look like they match.

Interesting car though...just goes to show what Lotus can do with an interior when they set their minds to it.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Maybe it is just the angle or a shadow but the color of the body panels doesn't seem to match - as if it were repainted and was off a shade. (look at the fender where the "S" is compared to the door)

in fact, even the pic below this one above (rear 3/4 shot) looks the same - panels don't look like they match.

Interesting car though...just goes to show what Lotus can do with an interior when they set their minds to it.
I am pretty sure thats just the angle.

I notice that this car doesnt have the same black plastic door handles just below the window. It looks like it is built into the door interior skin. I think I like this better than how we have it on the exige and elise.

·
Registered
821 Posts
why can't the stock Elise wheels be more like those? :(

I like those a lot!!!

Fantastic looking car for sure!

·
Registered
11 Posts
hi guys
its my car
thanks for the kind words, the europa s is usually considered the ugly duckling of the lotus range

the paint panels do match, its just the lighthing and the angles

the door handles are at the very front of the door by the hinge
the handle in the leather at the middle near the top is just a hand hold to help you close the door

Whilst the interior has quite a bit of leather compared to an elise or exige, it is still the same basic interior, the seats are better than a stock elise, but I think they might be an option there (probax)

Unlike the rest of the range, the Europa S has a GM engine, 2.0 litre turbo, producing about 225HP and 280NM torque. This is the same engine in the Opel/Vauxhall VXR which Lotus made for GM Europe, theres a huge amount of tuning potential available if thats your thing. Weight is still under 1000KG as well

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
nice photos, nice car. :)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Personally, I think this car is better looking than the Evora. Too bad it isn't for sale in the US. Looks great in red, my favorite is white:

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Not big on thr Europa the front end just doesnt look right, but the backend looks ok seen a few of these in person just doesnt look right...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts