The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
I think his reaction was probably the best. Minimal. Don't feed into the little bastards that think that kind of prank is funny or justified any more than is absolutely necessary.

On an animal level though, if I knew it was kids across the street recording the incident and yucking it up, I'd want to force feed them a steaming bowl of my own rocky road. Or confiscate the camera and bring it to the police for vandalism.

Kids like that make me sick to my stomach. There's pranks, and then there's a**holish behavior that goes above and beyond. That stunt is the latter.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Kids just being kids. Kinda like the same old prank of flaming bag on the porch and ring the bell and run like hell.

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Ditto,

I was wishing so hard, that he pulled a gun out... They all would have been buying new pants.
The kids would have been cleaning the brown stuff out of their phucking pants if I caught them doing something like that to my car, whether that be a Lotus, R8, or my mundane Civic DD. I don't just get mad. I get mad AND even. :mad:

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
The kids would have been cleaning the brown stuff out of their phucking pants if I caught them doing something like that to my car, whether that be a Lotus, R8, or my mundane Civic DD. I don't just get mad. I get mad AND even. :mad:
Exactly, if you do not set them straight now.... You can only hope someone else will later on.. Why take the chance? Lol! :clap:

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Exactly, if you do not set them straight now.... You can only hope someone else will later on.. Why take the chance? Lol! :clap:
I like that TX mentality ;)

As opposed to.........."Maybe we're just not understanding them". Pulleeez.

I say :thwack: the little bastards!

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I'd be really annoyed if it had been my car.

However kids do all kinds of silly things. At least they didn't scratch the car.

When I was in grade seven a friend threw a snowball at a transit bus. Well we were all shocked and surprised when the bus came to a sudden stop. The driver hoped out and pushed the kid down in the snow and had a few words with him.:mad:

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
It was (mostly) harmless joke. Not worth getting up in arms about it. now if they had scratched it up instead :thwack:....

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I like that TX mentality ;)

As opposed to.........."Maybe we're just not understanding them". Pulleeez.

I say :thwack: the little bastards!
Haha, the type of people that use that line/phrase/idea... Are the ones letting their children run a muck like THIS!

It was (mostly) harmless joke. Not worth getting up in arms about it. now if they had scratched it up instead :thwack:....
This time, but they will progress to keying, egging, etc. Always does... You can only wipe bird poop on a nice car so many times before you get the gall to go bigger.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I flagged it as:
"hateful or abusive content - abusing vulnerable individuals"

POS children, I would be spending some time in jail.

My reaction as well.... I was going to say that I would have "stuff" on my 9mm short as well.

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
I was at the Ferrari races at Sonoma speedway several months ago. Of course there was a bunch of owners displaying their F-cars in the parking lot and I was admiring a pristine silver F355 Spider. The owner was chatting with a couple WHO'S KID WAS LEANING ON THE CAR! Of course, the clueless parents didn't say squat to the kid. I felt like bitch-slapping them and was just standing there deliberately and blatantly looking at the kid, looking at the parents, looking at the kid, looking at the parent wondering if they were finally going to get the brat off the car. Finally the owner said something to the little girl very nicely, but still getting the point across and she managed to peel herself off of his mint Ferrari.

Which leads me to a question for those of you guys that take your cars to car shows (which I hope to do next season). How do you handle this kind of stuff and what do you do so that it doesn't happen in the first place?

I know you can't put ropes around your car, but what about a "Thank you for not touching" sign leaned against your car or placed on the roof? What about if you have to run to the bathroom or just want to go mingle with other people away from your car?

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh man, similar story. Went to an In N Out meet with a couple friends a couple weeks ago. Its not specific to any car so theres a lot of ricers there with their beat up POS's. We walk up to my gf's Mustang and there is some dumba$$ leaning on her car. Worst part was he had some metal keychain hanging out of his pocket right next to the paint. We walk up and tell him to get off her car. He walks off and eventually gets into his POS civic hatch. If it was the Lotus I would have killed him lol

1 - 20 of 30 Posts