The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know alot of you are gonna want to shoot me for asking this question, but is our elise coming with any type of floor mat to protect the carpet from wear?

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Well, mine is coming with a carpet to protect the aluminum from wear! Just kidding, I suspect there will be floor mats available form the various vendors advertising in this forum.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Hadn't thought about it. Would be nice to have something with a Lotus logo or Elise written on it, different color to match as well as protect the carpet. If Lotus doesn't offer it maybe shinno or one of the other after market suppliers will.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LarryB said:
Hadn't thought about it. Would be nice to have something with a Lotus logo or Elise written on it, different color to match as well as protect the carpet. If Lotus doesn't offer it maybe shinno or one of the other after market suppliers will.
That's what i was thinking, something with a logo on it would be nice. Not that i want to flash it around that its a LOTUS or anything, but ..... yeah I do!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
zvezdah1 said:
As far as I recall the floor carpeting is fully removeable, so when they wear out, just replace them.

Chris

Chris, i noticed that your getting AR with biscuit, this is one of the 2 combos that i'm am deciding b/w. Have you seen this red in person and do you think we'd have fading issues if we keep it up. Also, have you seen the biscuit in person and what do think of it with the red. thanks, aaron

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
floor mats come standard on ALL fed elises. they don't protect the carpet that comes with the touring pack though.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
atyclb said:
floor mats come standard on ALL fed elises. they don't protect the carpet that comes with the touring pack though.
If they cover the carpet, how come it doesn't protect from normal wear?

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
ulmpharmd said:
If they cover the carpet, how come it doesn't protect from normal wear?
they don't cover the carpet

the carpet on the touring pack is along the door sills and behind the seats

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
atyclb said:

So there is no carpet on the seat. My mistake i thought that was part of the touring package. Thanks

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
atyclb said:

What type of flooring is in this pic of this fed car? It looks like carpet but maybe not.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
ULm,
That's a touring pack car, you see how the carpet goes halfway up the sides of the chassis?

The removeable carpet or floor mat, whichever you want to call it is standard on all the cars far as I know. You can remove these. Underneath these mats is the alum floor. This is what you have in the pic of the grn car. So in essence they are floor mats.
(on the earlier cars, like S1 and early s2s I believe, they were taped down with double sided tape) which was the cause of some problems with surface corrosion on the floor pans. They've also changed the backing material so it doesn't trap moisture as badly.

Also,
I've seen red and biscuit in person. It's a classic color combo and one of the most popular combos on the Ferraris over the years.
I don't foresee fading to be an issue on the red more so than any other color, just keep it waxed, my car will be garage kept and in a garage at work so should help with fading.

THe biscuit interior is quite nice and very close to the tan on the 308-328 series ferraris.

Chris

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
My understanding of the touring package, is it adds the carpet on the side sill along with it behind the seat. Think the carpet you show comes with or without the touring package. As Chris noted it's pretty easy to replace, kind of like a tacked down carpeted floor mat. If a aftermarket one looked & was a decent price covered the stock one, I'd be game.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Chris, i think this will be my combo as well. The only other combo i was thinking of was magnetic/biscuit. What did you think of this color in person. The pictures all look different depending on where they were taken.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
I saw a magnetic with blue interior that was quite nice. I like the magnetic blue, the metallic is just the right tone for the shade. I think biscuit would be a great color for the interior as well. I know someone that's ordered the mag blue with biscuit.

My personal problem with darker cars like blue and black, they tend to show dust a lot more, red's not much better, but how can you go wrong with a red sports car????

Chris

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
ulmpharmd said:
What type of flooring is in this pic of this fed car? It looks like carpet but maybe not.
as noted above, those are the floor mats that come with all fed elises

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
zvezdah1 said:
I saw a magnetic with blue interior that was quite nice. I like the magnetic blue, the metallic is just the right tone for the shade. I think biscuit would be a great color for the interior as well. I know someone that's ordered the mag blue with biscuit.

My personal problem with darker cars like blue and black, they tend to show dust a lot more, red's not much better, but how can you go wrong with a red sports car????

Chris
You do have a point about red, especially that red. Man hope i'll get to see magnetic in person before ordering, but if not i'll go with red as well, it's not like i'll be disappointed or anything!
Another question Chris since you are so knowledgable on the fed car, 1) is the middle console thing metal or plastic and is it real stable or flimsy and 2) i heard of a dealer option of a leather covered shifter boot and brake boot, will we not get the above shifter boot if we don't pay for an extra option and if so what is the option? Thanks, Aaron

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
atyclb said:
as noted above, those are the floor mats that come with all fed elises
Yeah, i did not realize that they were removabe. Sorry .

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Ulm,

I pretty much all along planned on red, although when I saw chrome orange, I probably wouldve ordered that, sight unseen I was worried it'd look like a squashed tangerine. But to me the chrome orange is the best color for the car. Having said that I'm still thrilled with the red I'm getting.

By center console do you mean the housing that holds the handbrake and gearshift?

This is plastic, not super sturdy, but it seemed much less flimsy on the press launch cars than on the show cars. The gear shift has a leather boot in any event, with or without the leather console cover option. (not too worried about that option, worse case you can always mount it later)
Chris

1 - 20 of 25 Posts