www.theapexinn.com
11,684 Posts
Deja Vu

·
Back to the Future, again
6,154 Posts
I heard a lot but it's gotta be "Is that the new Corvette?"

WTF? Does it say Chevrolet anywhere?

The second one has to be "That car looks expensive. What are you doing in this neighborhood? Are you lost or something?"

WTF? I live a few blocks away and there are more than a few expensive cars on my street.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I was doing a small photoshoot one day with a few of my buddies and their Mercedes Benz's and my Lotus Elise.
We were parked taking pictures and a 45yo guy drove by in an early 90's Ford Ranger that was fairly beat up.
The guy stopped, threw it in reverse until he pulled up along side my Lotus and said "can I ask you a question?"
I responded "sure"
He says "do they make that car for men too?"
I told him where he could go and that was that... but pretty stupid.

I actually get alot of grief driving my Elise... about 5 instances of people holding up the "small penis" gesture, I've had lots of pointing and laughing, I get cut off, slowed down below the speedlimit...I got almost ran off the road by an oncoming lifted GMC truck that swerved into my lane yesterday... the list goes on. Its pretty sad, I can only imagine its envy/jealousy that drives these sad individuals to harass and bully someone simply driving in traffic.
I went to an "import" car show the other day and there were so many rude remarks my girlfriend finally just said lets go because of all the stares and whispers from the Honda guys. Not one complement or anyone showing genuine interest... pretty sad for a car show if ya ask me.
I live in a rural area where there arent many Lotus's around and apparently 75% of the people here take offense to seeing a 27 year old guy and his 23 year old girlfriend enjoying life.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I was doing a small photoshoot one day with a few of my buddies and their Mercedes Benz's and my Lotus Elise.
We were parked taking pictures and a 45yo guy drove by in an early 90's Ford Ranger that was fairly beat up.
The guy stopped, threw it in reverse until he pulled up along side my Lotus and said "can I ask you a question?"
I responded "sure"
He says "do they make that car for men too?"
I told him where he could go and that was that... but pretty stupid.

I actually get alot of grief driving my Elise... about 5 instances of people holding up the "small penis" gesture, I've had lots of pointing and laughing, I get cut off, slowed down below the speedlimit...I got almost ran off the road by an oncoming lifted GMC truck that swerved into my lane yesterday... the list goes on. Its pretty sad, I can only imagine its envy/jealousy that drives these sad individuals to harass and bully someone simply driving in traffic.
I went to an "import" car show the other day and there were so many rude remarks my girlfriend finally just said lets go because of all the stares and whispers from the Honda guys. Not one complement or anyone showing genuine interest... pretty sad for a car show if ya ask me.
I live in a rural area where there arent many Lotus's around and apparently 75% of the people here take offense to seeing a 27 year old guy and his 23 year old girlfriend enjoying life.

What area do you live in if you dont mind me asking, so I can be sure to stay far far away from there... HAHA

I would get annoyed, and tired of that rather quickly.... Thats why I carry a weapon. I am referring to the people who are being scary on the road/....

·
6,154 Posts
I would get annoyed, and tired of that rather quickly.... Thats why I carry a weapon. I am referring to the people who are being scary on the road/....
God bless the Republic of Texas! Yeehaw!

In other news, a long time ago, a buddy of mine asked me to take care of his bright yellow 911 C4 Cabriolet while he was away on a work trip and he didn't want to leave it in the employee lot. So I drove it home and parked it there for him and of course, took it for a spin.

Never have I been challenged so much for racing and people were openly aggressive on the road, trying to cut me off and giving me looks. One guy in a crapped out 80's type American sedan with the paint peeling and suspension barely working revved the crap out of his engine to get ahead of me on a 2 lane city street and got in front of me, and proceeded to straddle both lanes in front of me, preventing me from driving faster than him. I turned left at the next light to get away from him. Idiot.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I live in Spanaway, WA. Its more country than city if you ask me, I havent had anyone try to race me on the street which is suprising. They just talk smack.
Yeah I try not to lose my composure... sometimes I cant help it though and I cause a scene. When pushed far enough to get out of my car Im usually so enraged that my "bark" scares the aggressor away and no physical harm is needed.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
God bless the Republic of Texas! Yeehaw!

In other news, a long time ago, a buddy of mine asked me to take care of his bright yellow 911 C4 Cabriolet while he was away on a work trip and he didn't want to leave it in the employee lot. So I drove it home and parked it there for him and of course, took it for a spin.

Never have I been challenged so much for racing and people were openly aggressive on the road, trying to cut me off and giving me looks. One guy in a crapped out 80's type American sedan with the paint peeling and suspension barely working revved the crap out of his engine to get ahead of me on a 2 lane city street and got in front of me, and proceeded to straddle both lanes in front of me, preventing me from driving faster than him. I turned left at the next light to get away from him. Idiot.
Yessir! ;-) In Texas, just assume everyone is carrying, because more often than not, you are right.

I wonder why? I see a plethora of Porsches and never have I even had a desire to race/mess with them... To me they come a crossed the same way Mercedes, and BMWs do...
rotfl

·
6,154 Posts
Yessir! ;-) In Texas, just assume everyone is carrying, because more often than not, you are right.

I wonder why? I see a plethora of Porsches and never have I even had a desire to race/mess with them... To me they come a crossed the same way Mercedes, and BMWs do...
rotfl
This was many years ago when Porsches are still not very common and credit was not so loose that any guy who had a steady job history (3 months at McDonald's) can finance a Porsche.

Believe it or not, there was a time when Porsches garnered some respect... and then for some reason, all these exotic car companies poppped out of nowhere or revived themselves and seriously deluged the market.

Lambo and Ferrari were always around, but then all of a sudden, you got Fisker, McLaren, Bugatti, Pagani, Gumbert, Noble, Ultima, and even Lotus (Tesla) all joining the market in the mid to late 2000's. Aston made a big push to be visible again in the market more than before by appearing in James Bond movies. Selection of rare cars have never been better.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Come up to Redmond for the [email protected], we know how to treat ya :)

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I live in Spanaway, WA. Its more country than city if you ask me, I havent had anyone try to race me on the street which is suprising. They just talk smack.
Yeah I try not to lose my composure... sometimes I cant help it though and I cause a scene. When pushed far enough to get out of my car Im usually so enraged that my "bark" scares the aggressor away and no physical harm is needed.
I was just about to say "that's because you live in Spanaway" :crazyeyes

·
Registered
72 Posts
I would like to make it up to RTC one weekend if summer ever begins lol. I noticed they had a Yellow Lexus LFA up there recently, I would love to see one of those.

The thing that sucks about confrontation with someone local is that they can spot me easier than I can spot them. The Lotus sticks out like crazy and it wouldnt be hard for someone to mess with it in a parking lot. I need a locking gas cap lol.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts