The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone in CT done the slot for the anti sub belt. Just interested in how it feels and looks. I have searched the forum for every post on sub belt, 6point, 5point, harness and slot install I could find.
I am still contemplating whether to do it in front of the seat frame or behind. Also will that be within the 20 degree recommended by schroth if using the sys 6 pack from sector111.

I ultimatly would like to see this in reality to be able to sit in the seat and see how it actualy feels for me, not just picks

Thanks

·
Registered
284 Posts
I really don't think that's a good idea, but good luck with it.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yea everyone seems to have diff opions on it. i spoke to HMS and they indicated the sys 6 pack setup with a slot was the best setup in the lotus.
The sub belt is not there to catch you but to ultimatly keep the lap belt at your hips so the shoulder and lap belts do there job.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Tom, great minds think a like. I am at that problem stage too.

I am thinking about a seat upgrade to keep the stock seats intact for resale. At the track, the stock seats for me don't fit that well. Not enough side and hip and shoulder support for spirited driving. (34" waist, 180, 6'). Hoping to find a good seat in someone's car when I am at the track to test fit. Good excuse to play hooky and go to some track events too. LOL

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea definitly. You going to any events soon? I think I decided what I am going to do. If you want to come by and do the soft top retrofit and seat stuff let me know. I made a template off Tom's car so its the exact setup as on an elise. Tom's temporary template was taken from an elise.

·
Registered
284 Posts
All I can say is that for me, I didn't like the idea of cutting holes in the stock seats, so I picked up a set of Tillett's

I'll be at Watkins in August and NJMP in October. If there's another Lotus event we can meet up at (I'm in NJ almost near PA) I'd be happy to let you take the car for a spin to see what you think of them.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Tom, that would be fun to do the top together. At the moment my car is apart and will be for several weeks getting all the uprades done. I would like to use the template for sure.

Greg, thanks for the offer to try out your seats. I am leaning toward them as the best solution I have seen so far. I'll let you drive and I'll test the passenger seat. What clubs are you running the Glen and NJ events with? Other than going to Mt. Tremblant taking my all stock EVO9 street car this coming weekend, I have only scheduled instructing at Lime Rock with our BMW club from CT in Oct.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All I can say is that for me, I didn't like the idea of cutting holes in the stock seats, so I picked up a set of Tillett's

I'll be at Watkins in August and NJMP in October. If there's another Lotus event we can meet up at (I'm in NJ almost near PA) I'd be happy to let you take the car for a spin to see what you think of them.
Thanks for the info. didn't know there were even aftermarket seats that fit. How much were they? WOuld love to go for a ride. I will be in NJMP Aug 21-23 BMW club. THen pocono in sept

·
Registered
284 Posts
Greg, thanks for the offer to try out your seats. I am leaning toward them as the best solution I have seen so far. I'll let you drive and I'll test the passenger seat. What clubs are you running the Glen and NJ events with? Other than going to Mt. Tremblant taking my all stock EVO9 street car this coming weekend, I have only scheduled instructing at Lime Rock with our BMW club from CT in Oct.
I'm running with the Audi Club still since I have a lot of friends there and am on the board for the NJ Chapter.

August 24 & 25 - Watkins Glen
October 3&4 - Mt. Tremblant
October 23-25 - NJMP Lightning

If you're interested we're looking for instructors for the NJMP one in October. I've already talked to PALS and LEO about trying to get a lot of Loti to this event as well, so it would be a great opportunity to get a lot of LT folks to the track. MacDaddy from here will be attending as well in his Elise.

bman6074 - I'm not too far from Pocono, so I can maybe meet up with you off of 80 or 78 as you head into PA. Send me a PM and we can work out the details. $875 for the seat, $150 for the sub-belt bracket, e-mail LT member Chris [email protected] for more info.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts