The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do not see a way to subscribe to a forum so I get notifications of new threads? Is it possible? It is very easy and intuitive to subscribe to threads and get an email when they are updated. I want to get an email if a new thread is added to a Forum. Am I missing something or are there ways to do this with external tools? Thanks in advance.

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
5,643 Posts
Click on the Forum you want to monitor. On the top right, you will see Forum Tools. That dropdown menu includes SUBSCRIBE TO THIS FORUM.

Happy reading!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
You won't get an email for new threads, you'll get an email for every response in the entire forum...which sucks for us guys that just want notifications for NEW threads posted to the FS forum so we can be first to get the coolest parts.

Been a sadness since I started this forum. Lost so many parts because of it.

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
5,643 Posts
You won't get an email for new threads, you'll get an email for every response in the entire forum...
I should have mentioned that I ask for a daily email message of new or updated Topics. You can easily decide if you want to pursue each one.

But yes, in some sections such as the Trading Post, the delay would be KILLER!

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, the ability to see new threads for parts being posted is exactly what I was looking for. There must be a way to get this capability added. OMG, are we living in the 70's? Enough of my rants though. Maybe this is something that AG who hosts the forum could implement.

Does anyone else have any ideas?

·
Saffron Yellow is Lighter
1,266 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree that what you are asking for is close to what I am asking for. You want to be able to display them and i want to get notified. Our two threads should be combined... I will put my request into your thread.

·
Administrator
1,423 Posts
hey there,

I like your idea but I don't think we would be able to do this for an individual, it would be for everyone.
also, I don't think we have a plugin that can do that. Do you know a forum that has that? it does make sense for the marketplace or something although, wouldn't those push notifications annoy users who just want to subscribe without getting constant emails?

think this plugin might do the job: https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=141280

Lee

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Administrator, I think you are going down the right path. The plugin you sent the link for makes it sound like the ability to get notifications and when they will execute are just toggles to be selected to enable that functionality. Please pursue ! :bow:

·
Administrator
1,423 Posts
Hey there,

If I get enough support from the community on this, I'll pass this along to the other mods and admins for approval.
What are everyone's thoughts and opinions on this?

Ed

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
5,643 Posts
I think it would be a worthwhile enhancement for ALL the Autoguide forums.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts