The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving in unexpected light rain last night,( I didn't drive through any puddles), car shut off, battery light comes on as I'm pulling up to a stop. complete ignition failure, no stutter, nothing. As I'm still rolling up and it's still in gear, I see tach and speedo at dead zero. I turn the key off, then on and try to crank it with the starter. Starter starts spazing out, tries to crank, twitches, like a loose wire on the control side. I also notice as i turn the ignition on, the fuel pump is spazing out too. Had car towed, and let dry. Checked the harness connections, not wet or corroded and still acts exactly the same. Battery is new, the connections and voltage are good.

Any thoughts / ideas??

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, tried that too. I most likely will have to pull the clam and hunt for a shorted wire, and find a way to test my ECU and see if it's cooked....

·
Registered
91 Posts
Driving in unexpected light rain last night,( I didn't drive through any puddles), car shut off, battery light comes on as I'm pulling up to a stop. complete ignition failure, no stutter, nothing. As I'm still rolling up and it's still in gear, I see tach and speedo at dead zero. I turn the key off, then on and try to crank it with the starter. Starter starts spazing out, tries to crank, twitches, like a loose wire on the control side. I also notice as i turn the ignition on, the fuel pump is spazing out too. Had car towed, and let dry. Checked the harness connections, not wet or corroded and still acts exactly the same. Battery is new, the connections and voltage are good.

Any thoughts / ideas??
Having almost the EXACT same issue. :scratchhead:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts