The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I noticed a 2014 Lotus Evora S with suede/alcantara seats and dash. After doing some google searches I can not find anything confirming this was a factory option in the MY14. Can anyone confirm this was a factory option? Thanks!

·
Illegal Alien
5,153 Posts
Hello all, I noticed a 2014 Lotus Evora S with suede/alcantara seats and dash. After doing some google searches I can not find anything confirming this was a factory option in the MY14. Can anyone confirm this was a factory option? Thanks!
It has always been a factory option. Before using real (and very expensive) Alcantara(R) artificial suede, they used an equivalent brand called SuedeTex(R). They did not switch due to any quality problems or cost reduction, it was probably done because of the marketing cache of Alcantara. I have had two Evora's one with each and a number of other cars with Alcantara, its all about the same.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Julian, thank you so much for providing this information!!

·
Premium Member
6,933 Posts
My 2011 Evora S is Suedetex and I love it. Wearing very well, meaning no signs of wear. Gave it its first formal cleaning last summer.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
brgelise, this is something I noticed as well over the last couple of months looking at cars. The full leather interiors have looked much more worn than the Suedetex/Alcantara I saw in this vehicle. Even the partial leather sections on the seats looks much more worn in the pictures. Thank you for sharing you opinion! Have a great day!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Looks like the SuedeTex to me. Also looks like the glovebox is broken and potentially something up with the airbag cover on the passenger side.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I actually asked them about the glove box and they said the guy taking pictures didn't secure it. They provided me with more pictures and a video to confirm. I am having the PPI done tomorrow and made mention of this specifically to my guy. Good eye, esseye!!

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
My 2011 Evora S is Suedetex and I love it. Wearing very well, meaning no signs of wear. Gave it its first formal cleaning last summer.
Please enlighten me. How does one go about cleaning alcantara/suedetex?

·
Illegal Alien
5,153 Posts

·
Illegal Alien
5,153 Posts

·
Illegal Alien
5,153 Posts
My car with the cloth + leather non-premium interior begs to differ.

What year? I'll admit that I didn't start shopping until 2011 models

1 - 15 of 15 Posts