The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
But the Larini SE is "NOT acceptable for supercharged cars," according to the website - and I am going to be installing the VF2 supercharger setup.
I'm in the same boat as you, I'll be adding a supercharger next year, and want a dual tip exhaust as well. The only one I've found that seems like it would work is the 2bular. I haven't gotten any info on pricing yet though.

-Adam

·
Registered
421 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Larini not acceptable for S/C? I'd love to hear the explanation for that one.
Works fine.
BTW Steve B, is your diffuser powder coated or painted? I really like to look of that, with the rivets still showing through.

·
Registered
421 Posts
OK, thanks again for the info Steve.

-Adam

·
Registered
421 Posts
one other thing.... throw away the clamp that comes with the Larini, it's junk. I used the clamp off the stock muffler--- simply use a dremel to cut the tack weld. Or, buy a new, similar quality clamp.
Thanks, yeah I was planing on getting one of the clamps from Sector111 when I get the pipes, they look like they'll do the job.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Folks, here's the info I got back from Jim Valentine. That's one hell of a nice looking exhaust! -Adam.

Full 2.5" bore all the way - both sides.

I need to tweak the clearances - nothing major, production exhausts will look like this. On-car pics later this week. I've got a new website coming along this week and it'll feature on there.
I might have a straight-shot off the std header i.e. no 180 loop, if there's no call for a Cat (price will be less). I had to work with the 180 first though, as it's crazy to bring out any design without the Cat option.
There will be various tip options incl Ti - POA.
Prices;

The Euro Exit (with the 180 loop and header connection) is £550 + EU Vat (only for EU sales) Shipping to US is £68.
Available to order from 1st Oct - lead time one week.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts