The Lotus Cars Community banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Especially since the Larini Club Sport (diffuser exit) and the SE (rear panel exit) are the same muffler, the only difference being the tips, I can't see where it could possibly make any difference. Like I said in the other thread, it may have to do with the heat shield that has to be modified/removed to accomodate the SE tips, where the diffuser exit retains all the stock shielding. The S/C exhaust has the potential to give off more heat, that's for sure.

My diffuser is stock-- painted. The rear panel is a pre-bumperette '07, modified to fit. If you get the SE, the tips most likely won't line up properly in the holes, be prepared to take some big bars & bend them slightly to get them where you want them.

Attachments

·
Registered
421 Posts
one other thing.... throw away the clamp that comes with the Larini, it's junk. I used the clamp off the stock muffler--- simply use a dremel to cut the tack weld. Or, buy a new, similar quality clamp.
Thanks, yeah I was planing on getting one of the clamps from Sector111 when I get the pipes, they look like they'll do the job.

·
Registered
647 Posts

·
shay2nak
25,171 Posts
A larini exhaust we had up on the dyno was shooting out faint white powder substance. Apparently the insulation was the source and was creating a lot of heat within the exhaust. This was on a cup 255 car. I wouldn't buy one, that's just me.

I let my good friend drive my car around his neighborhood and my exhaust sounds like a super bike with a tiny bit of ferrari, dare I say. He said he only took it up to 6k or so. Either way it sounded great even as he came to a stop.

·
Registered
180 Posts
The piping diameter is the same for the Larini dual tip SE, and the dual tip diffuser exit. The diffuser exit is "recommended" for S/C cars, and the SE isn't? Can't be due to the pipe diameter, it's the same as the stock muffler. They must have some other reason, I'm still thinking it must have something to do with heat.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Folks, here's the info I got back from Jim Valentine. That's one hell of a nice looking exhaust! -Adam.

Full 2.5" bore all the way - both sides.

I need to tweak the clearances - nothing major, production exhausts will look like this. On-car pics later this week. I've got a new website coming along this week and it'll feature on there.
I might have a straight-shot off the std header i.e. no 180 loop, if there's no call for a Cat (price will be less). I had to work with the 180 first though, as it's crazy to bring out any design without the Cat option.
There will be various tip options incl Ti - POA.
Prices;

The Euro Exit (with the 180 loop and header connection) is £550 + EU Vat (only for EU sales) Shipping to US is £68.
Available to order from 1st Oct - lead time one week.

Attachments

·
Registered
385 Posts
This looks interesting. How much does it weigh? What's the conversion to US$? Finally, how loud is this? I'm assuming it is suitable for FI cars...

Folks, here's the info I got back from Jim Valentine. That's one hell of a nice looking exhaust! -Adam.

Full 2.5" bore all the way - both sides.

I need to tweak the clearances - nothing major, production exhausts will look like this. On-car pics later this week. I've got a new website coming along this week and it'll feature on there.
I might have a straight-shot off the std header i.e. no 180 loop, if there's no call for a Cat (price will be less). I had to work with the 180 first though, as it's crazy to bring out any design without the Cat option.
There will be various tip options incl Ti - POA.
Prices;

The Euro Exit (with the 180 loop and header connection) is £550 + EU Vat (only for EU sales) Shipping to US is £68.
Available to order from 1st Oct - lead time one week.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts