The Lotus Cars Community banner

Suggested Wheel straps for towing

7348 Views 9 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  road racer
I'm currently towing the Elise to events. The trailer I bought (with the Elise, incidentally) came with wheel straps that require threading the part that goes through the wheel into the ratchet every time you hook it up, and visa-versa to remove it. Needless to say, this is a giant pain and takes 15-20 minutes to load or unload the trailer.

I'm looking for a slightly better solution. I'm hoping something exists that lets me wrap it through the wheel and then attach to itself with a hook onto a D ring or something like that. Ideas?...
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
12,214 Posts

Attachments

· Registered
12,214 Posts
I'm going to be towing two different cars with different wheelbases (spec miata and the elise), so the wheel nets would be much harder to install to make that work. =/
Use "E-track" on the trailer - a bracket that has multiple positions to attach the tie-downs to. The site I linked to previously has something similar call "versa-track", but "E-Track" is a standard and widely available. Here's a link: Mac's VersaTie track kits, aluminum track, E track, and deck hardware

Here's a trailer supply place: For the track, and for the E-Track hardware. Google "E-Track" and you will find more sources than you could possibly need...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.