The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, so I'm looking at some car covers. I have a 05 Elise, and I garage it, seems to get dusty, would like to prevent this if possible. I saw prices range from $75-500 I don't know anything about covers, is there a huge difference from the prices? Any suggestions on what model/website to get one that would awesome! Thanks in advance!

Here are two that I was considering (if they are awful let me know)
Coverking Triguard Car Cover, Coverking Triguard Covers

Lotus Elise 2005 2010 Coverking Silverguard Plus Custom Fit Car Cover | eBay

·
Failed at Self Control
653 Posts
Hey, so I'm looking at some car covers. I have a 05 Elise, and I garage it, seems to get dusty, would like to prevent this if possible. I saw prices range from $75-500 I don't know anything about covers, is there a huge difference from the prices? Any suggestions on what model/website to get one that would awesome! Thanks in advance!

Here are two that I was considering (if they are awful let me know)
Coverking Triguard Car Cover, Coverking Triguard Covers

Lotus Elise 2005 2010 Coverking Silverguard Plus Custom Fit Car Cover | eBay
I felt the same way, bought this:

Multi-color Weathershield® for the Lotus Elise and Exige - Sector111

And LOVE it! :clap:

I'm super-happy with it because I've purchased a lot of car covers in the past and some of them are just junk. Some of my outside ones have just fallen apart, but that usually happens when I'm being cheap. For the price I've paid for 2 or 3 junk ones I should have just purchased a better quality one at the start.

·
Registered
83 Posts
My elise is almost always in the garage, unless I have a big project going on and it gets relegated to the driveway. Whether its inside or out, I have the cover on it. I have the Weathershield as well, bought it from Sector111. Fits great and is completely waterproof. been using it 3 years now, no problems.

Weathershield® Car Cover for the Lotus Elise and Exige - Sector111

·
Registered
309 Posts
I absolutely love my Superweave California Car Cover. They custom make them to your cars mods. Fits like a glove and is highly recommended.

·
`08 Elise-SC-220
519 Posts
Recommendation: Covercraft C16444GK

From the knowledge base in here; I read from a couple of senior members that you can't go wrong with Covercraft covers. I bought this cover through Amazon.com as my Elise was in transit from the dealer of sale. It's not downpour/waterproof but it's custom fit (right down to the "Mickey Mouse ears" mirror pockets) and it's light, impervious to dust and a has a little padded thickness to it to absorb any little "whoops" boo-boo's that might come up in the garage. Technalon Evolution Fabric, Gray. Goes into the washing machine no problem. I like it and the price was right $159.31 (free shipping). The same cover list's for $300.00 on the Covercraft website. This was back in December though. Good luck. A cover is a good idea.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I got some older queen size flat sheets and my wife sew them together. For a dust cover in the garage it works nicely

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts