The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So doing the mainseal and clutch and would like to know opinions on what I might as well do while im there or what I can get to later on.

Car has 29kmiles

Parts on the way:
  • MWR Clutch - Lotus Evora S, Exige V6 - Heavy Duty Street Disc
  • MWR Flywheel - Lotus Evora - Lightweight Aluminum Direct Fit
  • ARP Bolt Set (8) - Toyota 1ZZ/2ZZ/2GR/2ZR Flywheel (Alternate)
  • LOTUS OEM TRANSMISSION INPUT SHAFT SEAL – EVORA ALL MANUAL
  • Crankshaft Seal Rear Main - 2GRFE
  • Crankshaft Seal Front - 2GRFE
Edit: Adding to the list
  • Lotus OEM Axle (Differential) Seal - Evora, Exige V6 Manual - Left1
  • Lotus OEM Axle (Differential) Seal - Evora, Exige V6 Manual - Right1
  • Toyota/Lotus OEM 180F Thermostat - Toyota 2ZZ 1ZZ 2GR 2ZR1
  • Innovative Engine Mounts Set (4) - 75A - Lotus Evora All
Should I do the following?
  • Axle seals
  • Clutch Slave cylinder
  • Thermostat
  • Accessories belt (looks like that has just been replaced)
  • Engine Mounts
  • Gear link cables (do 2013s need this?)
  • Spark Plugs
  • Insulate the clutch line
  • Supercharger servicing?
  • Brake lines?

Anything else worth thinking about?

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
  • Axle seals
  • Thermostat (Is this in the engine or somewhere easy to get to?)
  • Engine Mounts
Anything else worth thinking about?
I think these are the things that are much easier to change with the engine/trans out. Everything else is relatively easy to do in situ. Of course the more you do while it's out, the less you should have to do later down the road. But 29k is barely broken in for most Toyota components. You can go crazy and just replace all the replaceable things on the front-side of the motor while it's out, but that might just be tossing good parts away.

As for add-ons, I've seen some people post that they install a Quaife LSD while everything's out.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just added axle seals to the list.
What temperature thermostat is suggested? A quick google didnt help me.

Theres 155, 170 or 180F to choose from on MWR

·
Registered
2011 Evora NA 6sp
694 Posts
While mine was out I added the ace gearset and quaiff lsd. Trans cooler and oil cooler(my car started NA) my engine harness was an early one so had that swapped over(some cars had cold start issues)

If your slave is good I wouldn't touch it. You can do it later anyway. Add heat wrap to the line tho

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is the pilot bearing # I found for the 2GR FE Camry.
Toyota (90363-12002-77)

Anyone know if this is the right one?

Looking through the parts manual I cant see it anywhere.

·
** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
Glad to see you got a vehicle already. Seems like only yesterday (as it was) you were trying to reach a member here. Did that work out for you? Congratulations on your new toy, even if it is temporarily broken.

San

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No ive had no reply from him. Little bit of a risk with the aftermarket supercharger and tune etc for smog and insurance anyway. So completely stock is good for me.

The Colorado one was what I was looking for. 2013 S, manual, 28kmiles all the packs with the right interior and colour. It was just a lot of work and $$ to sort out the leaks and clutch for what they were asking. They finally came down in price to where I was happy to jump on it. At the end it itll be quite a bit less than the low end of my budget, and I get all the new bits.:)

·
** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
No ive had no reply from him. Little bit of a risk with the aftermarket supercharger and tune etc for smog and insurance anyway. So completely stock is good for me.

The Colorado one was what I was looking for. 2013 S, manual, 28kmiles all the packs with the right interior and colour. It was just a lot of work and $$ to sort out the leaks and clutch for what they were asking. They finally came down in price to where I was happy to jump on it. At the end it itll be quite a bit less than the low end of my budget, and I get all the new bits.:)
Glad everything worked out for you. Keep us apprised.

San

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Can anyone confirm the pilot bearing P#?

Toyota says

(90363-12002-77)

I assume it has a bearing? I dont see it in the manual under crank/flywheel assembly or clutch assembly.

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
The service notes are rather sparse specifically on engine and transmission areas. There's mention of referring to the Toyota GSIC for 2GR-FE and EA60 (Avensis) repair, so that's why I assume it's just a generic 2GR-FE pilot bearing.

The VSIC site mentions you need both T000T1516F and T000T1517F if you want engine and transmission repair manuals on CD from Lotus (they license them from Toyota apparently).

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How about the waterpump?

Ive been reading that the 2gr fe had issues with leaking pumps. Suggested change at 30-45kmiles.

Though mostly on 2008 and earlier?

Also VVTi oil line failure? Sounds like theres a rubber version that should be swapped to full steel.

·
Premium Member
2,616 Posts
There were 3 Evora oil line recalls- If I recall correctly, they were all for 2011 S models.
The VVT oil line recall was for Evora S cars manufactured between December 2010 and September/November 2011.

Recall 12V477 (VVT oil line related) :
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2012/RCMN-12V477-9345.pdf
http://www.gglotus.org/ggtech/evora-recall1012a/RCDNN-12V477-3907.pdf

Recall 13V314:

Recall 14V280:

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There were 3 Evora oil line recalls- If I recall correctly, they were all for 2011 S models.
The VVT oil line recall was for Evora S cars manufactured between December 2010 and September/November 2011.

Recall 12V477 (VVT oil line related) :
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2012/RCMN-12V477-9345.pdf
http://www.gglotus.org/ggtech/evora-recall1012a/RCDNN-12V477-3907.pdf

Recall 13V314:

Recall 14V280:

Does that mean the 2013 S would have all of those done from factory?

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
New lip seals in on engine and gearbox
New ali flywheel and uprated clutch+pressure plate
New slave cylinder + insulated
New thermostat
New engine mounts

Just got the clam back on. Its been 5 days (10hr days). Will need 1 more day to finish.
Ive then got a new Wilwood master cylinder to go in which Im guessing means the front clam comes off.

Total 60hrs

Spent a day on the gearbox and a lot of time going and buying tools.

If I did it again I think I could do it in the 40hrs Lotus quote. Hope I never need to!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts