The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just signed up for the May 2 session of Friday at the Track at Summit Point. Anyone else interested in meeting up? It'll be my first track event with my Elise, I'm pretty excited about it.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
I just signed up for the May 2 session of Friday at the Track at Summit Point. Anyone else interested in meeting up? It'll be my first track event with my Elise, I'm pretty excited about it.
Shenandoah Circuit?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hi Sven,

I would like to get out to three FATT events this year. Been once years ago and loved it! Will post if I can make this date.

I'm coming from Frederick. How about you?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wish it was Shenandoah, that one looks awesome. But I think all the FATT events are on Summit Point Circuit =/

Coming from Hampton, VA. I'll probably be staying the weekend with a friend in Germantown though, who will likely be doing FATT as well in his Corvette.

·
Registered
16 Posts
To bad it's not Shenandoah, I would consider I drive down for an event. I did Capital Offence with Lemons there last year and that became my favorite event.

Shenandoah is like a roller coaster ride, you just need to watch out for the deer!

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
That is a cool as crap pic!! Never seen em at Shenandoah but often on the main. They look a lot bigger when your coming down the chute in a formula car and they're standing at the side of the track.-eek-

Jim

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
To bad it's not Shenandoah, I would consider I drive down for an event. I did Capital Offence with Lemons there last year and that became my favorite event.

Shenandoah is like a roller coaster ride, you just need to watch out for the deer!
Unbelievable picture. Glad I didn't see any when I was driving it!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welp, better be signing up for HPDE insurance then...

*(I was going to anyway)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hi Sven,

I registered for the May 2nd FATT last night. Coincidentally, I'm going with a buddy that will also be bringing a Corvette. Since you're going to drive right through Frederick we could meet up and drive the last hour as a group.

I'm also in a NFB Elise, although with stripes. Thank goodness - would hate to track the wrong car ;)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the offer. I should be good to go though, I'm getting it checked out at a local race shop next month; enough time to spare to get things fixed if needed.

@JamesAllen: It would be great to meet up for Breakfast and convoy over to the track. We'll have to arrange something.

Also, point of interest, I've discovered that TrackDaze will be doing a couple HPDEs this year on the Shenandoah Circuit. The October date sounds tempting, but I need to sort out what other events I want to do this year.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I'll be there, 1st event in the lotus

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ah, and you're in Germantown too! We should meet there in the morning, then go meet JamesAllen for breakfast. I'll ring up my friend this week and see what he thinks. Current plan is also for autocrossing later in the weekend. Anyone game?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Assuming I get my Elise back from EuroMotorCars next week (windshield, rad, thermostat), I'm planning to instruct at the May 2 FATT. It's on the SPR circuit by the way - not Shenandoah. I usually get there around 8AM and park by the wood fence next to where Group 1 lines up. Feel free to stop by. I have a midnight blue Elise.

Bill in Gaithersburg

·
Registered
909 Posts
Really surprised no Shenandoah this year.

I wish it was Shenandoah, that one looks awesome. But I think all the FATT events are on Summit Point Circuit =/
May 23rd = Jefferson (recently-expanded track).

I wish these events didn't start at 8am on a Friday otherwise I'd go. If anything, I'd like to meet you guys up there.
Sometimes, they have SATT (Saturday at the track).

·
Registered
228 Posts
Sorry guys, I might have to reschedule for the June or July event. Won't know until the beginning of next week.

Regardless, who do we have in?

myself (maybe, plus a Corvette)
SvenRIT (plus a Corvette)
ShahulX
AlfaConvert (maybe)

Anyone else?

·
Registered
163 Posts
I will probably instruct at this FATT on May 2. I have an Silver Elise, but somebody just tried to back over it on Monday. If it is not trackable, look for me in a bright blue BMW 428i. I like to instruct Lotus drivers.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts