The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'd like to get together with some Lotus drivers for brunch on Sunday May 18. A friend of mine that owns Bin 38 Bin 38 | San Francisco Wine Bar Lounge Restaurant | 3232 Scott St. @ Chestnut 415.567.3838 just started doing brunch 3 weeks ago. I've been there 2 weeks in a row now. It's delicious and they have yummy blackberry mimosas. :D

They have a great outdoor area or we can reserve a table indoors. We can have up to 20 people. Curious who is interested. Perhaps we can go for a drive first and end up there. Only thing I need to figure out is parking. I'm going to scope out the lots in the areas this weekend to see what can be arranged.

Please post here if you are interested.

I miss my Lotus driving friends. :(

·
Registered
471 Posts
Hey Sorrine,

I'd love to join you. May 18 is my only Sunday this month without something or other going on. I'd love to drive, too. Put me on your list.

Steve

·
Registered
582 Posts
Howcome all the get togethers happen when I have something else planned. Oh well, isnt that when Bay to Breakers is?

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Depending on where most people are coming from, we can set up a nice drive to the place. I'll post more details as I have a better idea as well as time. I really don't want to get up too early, so thinking maybe meet up somewhere around 10 am and brunch at 12 pm. You don't have to do both, but I'll need a headcount for brunch.

Hey Sorrine,

I'd love to join you. May 18 is my only Sunday this month without something or other going on. I'd love to drive, too. Put me on your list.

Steve
Glad you are free. It should be a fun time.

I think I should be able to be there. ;)
Sweet! That's awfully nice of you to come out just for brunch. :p

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Sweet! That's awfully nice of you to come out just for brunch. :p
Yeah. I'm a nice guy like that. People often refer to me as the nicest guy they've ever met.

And some little birdy just booked me a plane ticket, so turns out I'll be in the area. :D

·
Registered
564 Posts
We're in. :)

·
Registered
557 Posts
I'm afraid Bay to Breakers that day is enough to scare me out of the city, trying to get anywhere always ends up being a nightmare.

--Paul

·
Registered
123 Posts
Count me in!!!

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So far we are coming from everywhere, so maybe no drive? Looks like a couple from east bay, a few from south bay/peninsula, one by plane, lol, and not sure about the other. I also got a couple emails of people that just want to come for brunch which is fine.

Would you all be ok with just brunch? That way we can enjoy the mimosas more. :D

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I'd like to go, but from davis to sf just for brunch and no drive is a little bit too much for me. Maybe if I in the city sat nite I'll stay over for brunch.

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
It should be over by noon. I'll make reservations for 10 people for now. Please confirm if you are bringing a guest or not. I just want to get a table before the place fills up. There should be interesting characters out that day.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I'd like to go, but from davis to sf just for brunch and no drive is a little bit too much for me. Maybe if I in the city sat nite I'll stay over for brunch.
If you're going to drive out Sunday morning, maybe we can get a group in the east bay together and do a drive before brunch. We can meet in Martinez or Concord and then drive over some of the twisties to get to the Bay Bridge. Or???

Steve

·
Registered
136 Posts
Would be fun to meet the SF Lotus crowd, since I just got my Lotus. I guess it depends on two things: whether my insurance is in place and whether my friends are kidnapping me for Bay to Breakers.

So, 50% in.

Oh, and if anyone has a Larini exhaust that I could listen to at the meet, the likelihood of me being there approaches 75%. ;)

·
Registered
935 Posts
You planning to goto any of the eurosunday deals on the 11th or 25th. Was wondering because they're in your neck of the woods and I was planning on checking out.

Yeah. I'm a nice guy like that. People often refer to me as the nicest guy they've ever met.

And some little birdy just booked me a plane ticket, so turns out I'll be in the area. :D
Think you could mix in some business with the travel and bring some lotus decals and such?

If you're going to drive out Sunday morning, maybe we can get a group in the east bay together and do a drive before brunch. We can meet in Martinez or Concord and then drive over some of the twisties to get to the Bay Bridge. Or???

Steve
If you want to convoy down I don't mind going down 680 a little bit.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts