The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The weather lately has been incredible. I'm in dire need to take the Elise out for a spirited drive and some yummy food. I'd like to get a group going for Sunday February 1. I'm open to suggestions as for route. I'll be coming from SF.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Who's in?

I'm thinking that we meet in the marina green at 11 am and head North. I drove Lucas Valley Road yesterday. Great roads for driving. Maybe we start at Stinson Beach and drive that way. Someone familiar with the roads should lead. Whoever's up for it, afterwards we can get lunch & margaritas at Guaymas Guaymas Restaurant - Authentic Mexican Food and Drinks - Catering, Parties, and Meetings in Tiburon.

How does this work for everyone?

·
Registered
557 Posts
The weather lately has been incredible. I'm in dire need to take the Elise out for a spirited drive and some yummy food. I'd like to get a group going for Sunday February 1. I'm open to suggestions as for route. I'll be coming from SF. Thinking to meet for brunch somewhere and then drive. I did a brunch at BIN38 in the spring. Yummy food with outdoor seating and I'll coordinate to park at Hime on Lombard while we're there.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Who's in?
I'm in, will try and bring a work car :)

What time?

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thinking 11 am ish? We may have to drive south if you're bringing a work car. Need to make sure you have enough range for how aggressive you'll be driving.;)

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What's that? :p

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
I'm thinking from that location it makes sense to head North. I drove Lucas Valley Road yesterday. Great roads for driving. Maybe we start at Stinson Beach and drive that way. Someone familiar with the roads should lead. Whoever's up for it, afterwards we can get margaritas at Guymas in Tiburon.
I have to remember, but one of those roads was REALLY bad last time I was on it. I'll check my map. If we are planning on driving 1, I'd suggest eating a light lunch. :evil:

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Here's my best shot at a good drive. Avoiding Sir Francis Drake through Fairfax because the road is really bad there (west of Fairfax through Samuel P. Taylor State Park).

edit: new map on later post

If it's too far or someone needs a charge, my house or one of my properties is a small detour away.

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We've got an Elise SC coming. Not sure what the user name is on here, but he lives in the east bay.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I would come.. but i'll be in Hawaii... have fun... :)

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
To my surprise, I might be in the area, possibly attending some races at Laguna Seca the days before. So maybe.

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
To my surprise, I might be in the area, possibly attending some races at Laguna Seca the days before. So maybe.

I may need a passenger... so keep me posted. I should also have all my stereo work complete, but not the HIDs yet. I'm slow. I know. :)

·
Registered
385 Posts
I just installed HID's yesterday, went for a drive on 9, it was nice!

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
I may need a passenger... so keep me posted. I should also have all my stereo work complete, but not the HIDs yet. I'm slow. I know. :)
If you know someone with a jack and some tools, I can do the HIDs in an hour.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts