The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have the CTD Group asking me to put something together for this Sunday... They all looked around and said there's not a damn thing going on and thery want to drive :D This is a very small group... I recommended to them that we invite the Lotus' and they all concurred...

Let me know if you are interested... Send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you the meeting place instructions... This is not open to everyone... These runs are definitely for the expert driver as the roads are generally very challenging...

You won't be disappointed... It's a morning run with a lunch stop finished off with an afternoon run...

With a weather forecast like this, why not...

Sunday, Jun 8
Day

High: 89°F RealFeel®: 92°F
Partly sunny and very warm

·
Registered
289 Posts
sweet, i hope to make it, where abouts do you travel?

I have the CTD Group asking me to put something together for this Sunday... They all looked around and said there's not a damn thing going on and thery want to drive :D This is a very small group... I recommended to them that we invite the Lotus' and they all concurred...

Let me know if you are interested... Send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you the meeting place instructions... This is not open to everyone... These runs are definitely for the expert driver as the roads are generally very challenging...

You won't be disappointed... It's a morning run with a lunch stop finished off with an afternoon run...

With a weather forecast like this, why not...

Sunday, Jun 8
Day

High: 89°F RealFeel®: 92°F
Partly sunny and very warm

·
Registered
856 Posts
the wifey wants to go. Can you send me info for just in case I get my oil and breaks done in time?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm scoping out the roads for Sunday now to make sure we don't run into any trees... That was one hellava nasty storm... I have to keep everyone safe... That's my number 1 priority...

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All scoped out and ready to boogie tomorrow... From the PMs it looks as if there will be at least 4-5 Lotus tomorrow and an equal number of Porsches...

·
Registered
247 Posts
What time does it start? I have to go to the Nats game tomorrow at 1:30 with the kids, but might be able to make it if it's early enough in the morning.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What time does it start? I have to go to the Nats game tomorrow at 1:30 with the kids, but might be able to make it if it's early enough in the morning.
We are meeting between 9-10am at the Starbucks in Mt. Airy...

Nats game tomorrow with the heat index at 110... Bring plenty of water for the kids...

·
Registered
835 Posts
Did you not do the drive today? My GF and I woke up with hangovers and still drove an hour to the meeting spot and no one was to be found??? We got there at 10am... We were able to recall most of the route from last weekend and found some other nice stretches of back roads to make the best of it. We couldn't find that tunnel though??? The Winery at Sugarloaf Mtn was a nice stop. I hope another drive will be planned sooner than later that works with my schedule. Until the next time... Dave

·
Registered
773 Posts
Did you not do the drive today? My GF and I woke up with hangovers and still drove an hour to the meeting spot and no one was to be found??? We got there at 10am... We were able to recall most of the route from last weekend and found some other nice stretches of back roads to make the best of it. We couldn't find that tunnel though??? The Winery at Sugarloaf Mtn was a nice stop. I hope another drive will be planned sooner than later that works with my schedule. Until the next time... Dave
Dave - We ran it! :shift:

Was an AWESOME time, and Ken definitely is a top notch lead/host!! Maybe you assumed the same meeting place as the Euro-run of last weekend & went there? If you did, this was your mistake, and why you missed us. This run started from the Starbucks in MOUNT AIRY (off Rte 27) - Not the one off 355 of last weekend. We waited until 10:15 before we left.

Ran what I think Ken called a compilation of 3 different of his more popular runs all together in one today through SO MANY roads - I could not even begin to enumerate. Covered Bridges, Tunnels, Cow/Farm Roads you'd never have even known were roads otherwise... - A pass by Camp David, The Catoctin Ridge Tour, The War Correspondents, and Civil War Memorial site, Chicane's, hairpins, all sorts of "twisties", all expertly interspersed with some fabulous open straights sprinkled in amongst 'em as well. A fantastic "stretching of our legs" for sure today! :coolnana:

My son, Trevor - took some pic's and even some video as well, that I think he will be posting up soon.

I too now can't wait for the next event, and couldn't concur more in the hopes that it comes sooner than later.

THANK YOU BULL30 for an absolutely OUTSTANDING and FABULOUS day! And thank you for extending the invite from a fabulous group of guys you seem to have there in the Porsche Club as well. It was a BLAST running with you today! :cool:

THANK YOU! (have I said that enough?) ;)
Cheers,
-Grant

·
Registered
71 Posts
Pictures and Video from today's run

Here's some pictures from today's run. Sorry some are so blurry, it got hard to hold the camera still, especially as my dad was blowing by all those Porsches! ;) - Only kidding. It was fun, and I hope you guys will let me do it with you again!
:shift:

Enjoy the pictures. The video did not come out that great, but maybe my dad (Scrumpot) will post it up on his youtube account, and embed it in here for me anyway. Stay tuned.

Attachments

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It was an absolute blast leading you guys all over the place today... There are so many more roads that I didn't even take you down... There's only so many hours in the day... I know I went airborne about 3 times but I know where those spots are and look forward to it everytime... I felt like stopping in the middle of the tubes because it had to be 20 degrees cooler in there...

July will be the next tour... Keep your eyes on the forum for details...

·
Registered
25 Posts
The sky was blue.....the size of the group was just right......the roads were challenging....met some new people....had a great time!

Oh, did I say it was hot? Whew...but not hot enough to roll up the windows and turn the air -conditioning on.

P.S. Next time I'm bringing the Porsche, even though the Audi valiantly gave its all today and performed admirably for a 180 hp car.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts