The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sunday, Sept. 6th - Meet, Drive & Dine - Meet 9-10am; Depart 10:15am; Germantown, MD

[Sunday, September 6th 9:00-10:00 Meet; 10:15 Departure]​
Labor Day Weekend Meet, Drive & Dine​

Where: We will gather at the Starbucks at Milestone Shopping Center in Germantown , MD. Directions below.

Bring: A full tank of gas, an appetite, money for food ($20 should more than cover the meal), and a FRS or GMRS handheld radio (tuned to channel 7, subchannel 21) if you own one or a navigator that doesn't mind the twisties :eek:

RSVP: PM me if there are more than you attending so I can alert the restaurant…

Event Fee: FREE… What a bargain :D

Route: This route will take us through scenic areas of Upper Montgomery & Frederick counties… The scenery on this tour is breathtaking and the roads are VERY challenging… The route will end in Urbana at Foster's Grille...

Questions: PM me or this thread! Everyone will get detailed directions the day of the event…

Directions to Starbucks Milestone:
Heading South on RT 270 from Frederick Area:
Get off at Exit 16 Father Hurley Blvd and turn left at the light at end of ramp… Take Father Hurley Blvd to entrance to Milestone Shopping Center on right… Pull into entrance and take first left or second left and proceed to Starbucks on left…

Heading North on RT 270 from RT 495:
Get off at Exit 16 Father Hurley Blvd and bear right on ramp toward Damascus … Take Father Hurley Blvd to entrance to Milestone Shopping Center on right… Pull into entrance and take first left or second left and proceed to Starbucks on left…

From RT 70 Baltimore Area:
Get off RT 70 at Exit 68 which is RT 27 Mt. Airy exit… Take RT 27 South through Damascus (stay on RT 27 as it takes a Right in Damascus ) and continue until you get to RT 355 Frederick Road… Take Left on RT 355 and proceed to first light and turn right into Milestone Shopping Center … Go to stop sign and turn right and you will see Starbucks…

From other areas: Use your GPS or favorite online mapping program and head to address:

Starbucks Milestone
20934 Frederick Road
Germantown , Maryland 20874
301-515-1084

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, the weather forecast for Sunday is fantastic. I ran the route last nite, the cool evening air was great for the supercharger.

Hope to see you on Sunday

SUNNY
High: 85°F RealFeel®: 84°F
Pleasant with periods of clouds and sun

·
Registered
333 Posts
Wow, sounds awesome--I really wish I could come to this one, but I'm driving to MO. Certainly a much less fun drive.

-poke-do one on the 26th or 27th and I will come...

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
i'm not sure if i can make this one :( :( :(

·
Registered
992 Posts
darn, cant make it.... and i got new front tires too. sounds fun. i def want to do that drive sometime even by myself if need be.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Sun. is the one day I can't make it this weekend :( Bummer, I am sure everyone will have a good one - Bull sure knows how to put one of these events together. Hopefully you all won't have the suprise wet roads from nowhere that we experienced on the last run :shrug:

Funny everyones talking about new front tires... must be that time.. I am due for new fronts real soon too...

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
This looks great! Sadly, I am missing it because I'll be at a cabin on a lake. Ah, the trade-offs we have to make!

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
I cant make it :( :(, i cant get out of the plans i had before i learned about this.

Bull, this isnt the last one right??

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I cant make it :( :(, i cant get out of the plans i had before i learned about this.

Bull, this isnt the last one right??
Nope, there will be a few more before it's time to put the machines away... Sorry you can't make it. I've scoped out a great route for us. Several new roads with a few new twists along the way. We should have a blast -eek-

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
Bull, would you mind pm'n me the route afterward so i can drive this during the week sometime.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's going to be a beautiful day tomorrow... There's been a lot of response... Should be a very nice turnout...

·
Registered
214 Posts
Alas my regrets just seeing this now, so much to cram into too little holiday for me. It is shaping up to be ideal weather--enjoy.

·
Registered
163 Posts
A great run!

Thanks Bull and Gina for putting together a great run! Great weather and a fantastic series of twisty roads -a good burger -and some excellent cars to drive with while enjoying some beatiful scenery. I enjoyed meeting everyone -looking forward to the next one!
- MARK

1 - 20 of 24 Posts