The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Persian Blue Elise R(S)
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
To All,

We are planning a cruise to Bear Mountain on Sunday, September 9th. We have not yet determined a time or a route, this is still in the planning stages. If you have any suggestions of routes, places to stop for lunch etc., please post them on this thread and we thank you in advance. All are invited, so if your ride has wheels and can move on its own, you're in! We already have a small contingent of LI'ers and Jersians already committed (and they should be committed!). There is even some talk of some of us going up Saturday, the night before and arranging a stay at a local hotel but then again, we are still in planning stage. If you're interested, let us know.

Going:

1. O LEE O +1
2. JMR +1
3. Streetthrowback
4. Shoof
5. Kochinopride
6. njexpress
7. Batimovil
8. CKsElise (tentative)
9. Brian G.
10. AGeek2000
11. Scottycali4nia
12. JKezele +1
13. EliseAtLeast (tentative)
14. Richie K. (my brother in his 350Z)
15. Lotus F1 (partial?)
16. erikquick +1 (tentative)
17. John L. (Z06 vette)
18. Russel S. (vette)
19. Spyder (friend of streets)
20. S2000 (friend of streets)
21. Andrew W. (Ferrari F430)
22. Randy L. (Z06 vette)

Hey, whad'ya know, this is my first thread!

·
Registered
120 Posts
I am a go as of now and I intend to keep it that way, all the way! Thanks for doing this Mr.Lee... Let us catch up b4 that and have a dry run :)

Cheers!!
--njexpress

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay, who else? -poke-

There was alot of interest to do a run to Bear Mountain, so this is it.

Still working on the route but so far we will be traveling on Seven Lakes Drive and stopping at the Perkins Memorial Observatory for a break and photo ops, then heading over the Bear Mountain Bridge, heading down south on the Bear Mountain Rd. (which has nice twisties) and stop in Peekskill for lunch I believe but still working on it. Be advised that this is going to need an early start, I emphasize early. -eek-

BTW, please invite friends to drive with you if you want, we will need some navigators to help cooridinate as we cruise to keep us together. I am still looking for a place to meet (for breakfast?) and have a quick driver's meeting to go over the route and road rules. ;)

Well, more to come, how 'bout you?

O LEE O

·
Registered
31 Posts
Definitely would like to but it's gonna have to be a game day decision. Please keep me up on the plan as I'm gonna try to make it.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very good CKsElise, we have you as tentative. We hope you make it. :up:

Thanks for the back up Streets! :bow:

Update: Multiple choices for eating in Peekskill, trying to get some personal feedback before the decision. Have the first half of the route decided. Start will not be as early as I have eluded to earlier (thank god!), maybe 09:00-09:30.

More to come..... :popcorn:

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Starting point will be around the George Washington Bridge. We will be cruising up the Palisades Pkwy to start with. Still looking for the "gathering" place, for breakfast/driver's meeting etc, any suggestions?

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I believe we will be having lunch outside the town of Peekskill at a place called Table Nine. Large enough parking lot. I've been advised to NOT bring our cars into town, that parking is a premium and we would have to park in a municipal lot and have to walk to a restuarant. :mad:

The morning place is still being looked at. Any suggestions? -poke-

Anybody else interested in joining up with us? -poke-

I have posted on LotusPals and have been advised to have it promoted by Tri State Lotus which I am working on now.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Jun, we just hope you keep your "lips" intact! rotfl

We must, again, begin to pray to the weather gods. :bow:

Breakfast at the Jackson Hole Diner in Englewood? Just a few miles off Exit 1 of the Palisades Pkwy. Need to call to see if arrangements can be made.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Scotty, that's some great stuff! :bow: How long was the entire route?

Your starting point "The Reef" is now called "Table Nine" where we were going to stop for lunch, so your route would be the 2nd leg of our "cruze". :coolnana:

I wasn't even thinking about video. :wallbang: I have a GoPro and will have it with me, if anybody else has a GoPro or any other recording device, please bring it along.

Again, thanks Scotty and please let me know how long the route took, I would really appreciate it!

Looking forward to meeting you and having you along! :popcorn:

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Getting closer. I have made arrangements at Table Nine for us for lunch around 1pm. I am trying to get a special menu for us but that is still in the works. We will have to have seperate checks, I'm not ready to take that on yet. Still working with Jackson Hole Diner in Englewood for breakfast and a driver's meeting that would start at 9am.

I've mapped out the morning leg of our journey which equates to 2 hours drive time, add in the time we stop at Bear Mtn, any traffic or obstacles, it probably equates to 3-4 hours which gets us to lunch at Table Nine around 1pm.

I am now working with Scotty's route but may have to edit it so we don't run too late. I think a ride down the Taconic for the ride home would be in order.

Oh, and everybody should have a GPS with them, I hear the signals go in and out because of the mountains but you should have them with you.

Soon I will be asking you all for a final head count so I can make the final arrangements with the eating establishments.

More to come.

With that being said, is there more to come? -poke-

Till next post........

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Streets, gotta start praying to the weather gods. We may catch some autumn changes if we're lucky, that's why the Taconic. Supposedly one of the best roads to travel to see the changes.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Streets, ya gotta pray wen you git up too!

Okay, the afternoon leg is almost completed. It's less time (maybe 2 hours) because we don't want to get back too late. I think we will end at a park called Graham Hills County Park where the Taconic and the Bronx River Parkway go in different directions so the LI'ers can go one way, the Jersians can go the other and also a chance for goodbye's and the last photo op!

Breakfast, is the final stages. We have 3 possible locations in Englewood, the West 9 Diner, Jackson Hole Diner or the Englewood Diner. The West 9 has the best points so far, a large parking lot, some seating outside (for the driver's meeting) and lots of good reviews. Once again, it will be seperate checks, I'm not there yet (may never be!). We also have 1 possibilty in Edgewater, Whole Foods. Yes, they serve breakfast, have a huge parking lot looking over the river and we'll probably have the place to ourselves on a Sunday morning.

Very close to asking for committments and head counts for both breakfast and lunch.

I moved lunch to 1pm (instead of noon) and I think breakfast should start around 8am and for us to be ready to leave by no later than 9:30. If anybody has walkie talkies, please bring them, another tool to keep us together.

Until the next update, TTFN!!

1 - 20 of 135 Posts